View Single Post
Toni
road warrior

Old 05-18-2015, 05:20 AM

// I didn't do yesterday, either, so I'll be doing two entries today.

Saturday, May 16th

!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the interview for The Long Way and I do believe I'll be taken on as a PA, and possibly an extra if they're short on actors! I really don't care too much about being an extra--I want experience on the other side of the camera, and being a PA is the best place to start! And it's a short project, too. They'll just be shooting for ten days in June, and I'll likely as not have a job by that time, so I'll be free all day if they need me. I'm so excited! What good timing for this! I had just gotten the movie bug all over again and I see that flyer about needing PA's and extras, and I'm!!!!

The other part of the day was my friends coming over to marathon the Mad Max movies before going to see Fury Road. H hadn't seen the movies before, and the poor guy only got to see the first one, since we started too late and he had to go to bed because he had to work in the morning. Just as well, since we couldn't get any of our THREE COPIES of Road Warrior to work, and we didn't even try playing Thunder Dome. (Our lovely small town librarians wrote the name of the library in Sharpie, on the playing side of the freaking DVD. They've done this before, too, and the ignorance just kills me.) M and I stayed up and watched The Queen of the Damned, and I really wasn't paying much attention (I'd had a lot of alcohol and it was getting to be two in the morning, which is very late for me these days), but man, something about that last scene caught me. "Hello, David." Just, damn!! That awakened something in me and now I have to write a damn fic. I also want to read the books now, too. I tried reading Interview a long while ago but didn't get too into it; I saw the movie in 2011 and enjoyed it and I need to get back into that stuff.

Challenge: Hot or Cold

I always go with cold, whether it's drinks or weather. I've never cared for hot drinks; I always wait for my tea to get cold and I dump cold milk into my hot chocolate. Iced coffee and granitas are my bag. (Though I do drink hot coffee in the morning, since it's what's there, but I put a fair amount of milk in it sometimes.) I tend to prefer to be cold, since I have a sweating problem and have conditioned myself over the years to be in cooler weather and to use more air conditioning to avoid sweating all over myself and being super gross. I'm currently trying a new kind of super deodorant and I need to order more of it on amazon since my sample has run out.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sunday, May 17th

MAD!!! MAX!!!! GOD!!!!! It was so good!!! I can't say it's everything I hoped it would be, because I did not anticipate this! It was the same but different and it was just so good! My son! My schizophrenic son! And he had his knee brace and everything! And is eye wasn' all fucked up, so my friends and I placed this after Road Warrior but before Thunderdome -- and I'm glad my friend brought up the eye thing, because I sort of thought that was me reading into things too much, but no, other people noticed Max's messed up eye in Thunderdome. God! I just love how they keep his injuries on him, like he has to deal with that shit for life.

Went down to Dad's for dinner, watched Starsky and Hutch and had sloppy joes. It was an alright night; one of those nights where things get a little awkward and weird towards the end, and now I'm all anxious and riled up. I've been having trouble going to bed; I don't know what it is, it's like I'm scared to take all my clothes off and get into bed. Why? I don't know. I guess because going to sleep means I'll have to get up and face tomorrow in the morning. I'm so burned out and I can't wait for this stupid fucking term to be over. Want summer to get here. Want to get my license and a car and get driving. There's a nice RAV4 for sale several hours away, but I don't know if my parents will want to deal with driving so far. We'll have to take two drivers plus me since I won't be able to drive it back on my own yet. Eghhhh.

Had something else to say. Anxious and excited to be seeing my gf this weekend. I love her so much but I'm also so shy and weird and having all this internal homophobia and really hating myself, and I just want to get done with my schooling and go get a job and get my life started. That sounds like a really dramatic bullshit-y thing, but it's how I feel. I want to be independent and live away from my family and have new friends and a new life and be able to buy what clothes I want.....

Like Hutch's varsity jacket, damn. I need a varsity jacket.

Also, probably tmi, but my period started today, and I felt that was fitting for finally going to go see Mad Max 4. God, I've waited for so long. Tom Hardy's so good. Different, but good. I hope he does at least another movie. Kinda hoped Mel would have a cameo, but if he did I didn't notice him.

Challenge - How does this work?

What does this even mean? I'm too tired for this question. How does Furiosa's arm work? That was the topic of discussion on the way home today. I wasn't paying enough attention; it looked like she had little wires going into her somewhere and that allowed her to adjust her "fingers" -- friend said it looked like a simple mechanical pulley thing where she manually touched wires to make it move. I'll have to watch it again and pay closer attention. There's so much going on in that movie that you never really get a chance to chill and examine things, you're just along for the ride.

My mom's the same blood type as Max. Haven't told her yet. Poor woman, dealing with my nerdisms.