View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-30-2015, 02:45 PM

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Apparently my phone ended up falling behind my bed in the middle of the night so waking up this morning was a little bit annoying. >.< I wore a cute summer dress with a kimono belt and Japanese hair ornament today. I felt happy when I put it on but the day was kind of eh afterwards. It was hot and the AC didn't seem to be working well at work so I had a headache most of the day from lack of air.

After work I headed to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden for their members night. It was pretty cool actually! Normally picnicking isn't allowed in the park but apparently on member nights you can bring food (and wine) in. I just had a simple sandwich since I was just coming from work and didn't have time to make up a fun picnic basket. I walked around the Japanese pond and saw a great blue heron fishing there! It was so cool. I watched for for at least ten minutes before moving on.

I took off my shoes and walked around in the grass for a bit. As it started to get dark the lightning bugs started coming out! I was amazed by how many there are! I hadn't seen any in the city yet. I watched them and walked around till closing. It was really a lot of fun, I'll definitely have to go back soon.

• • •

Hmm, what is my best summer story? I feel like I haven't really done much this summer. >.< I think my best story is probably yet to come since the summer isn't over quite yet.