View Single Post
Zephi
Summer love

Old 06-04-2015, 02:26 AM

Ipo froze mid chew. She had to be talking to him. Apart from him, he hadn't noticed any other large creatures around that would be able to answer her with more than a flip of their tail or a puff of ink. He had to say something but, what?

He remembered his spear and put it slowly behind his back and rolled it along his body until his tail fin could coil around it and keep it out of sight. Not wanting to scare the merperson any more than might have been already, he slowly rose up from the kelp. Though his hair blended with the foliage, his head and eyes did not.

"Hello." He said, trying not to sound too excited while at the same time, not too bored with the whole situation and at the same time he swallowed his mouthful of kelp with a loud gulp. Though he did meet seven merpeople, that was over a two year span. This could be his best bet at making friends with anyone. "Sorry that I didn't say anything before. I was scared that I might swim off if you saw me so I thought I would just watch you for a little while and see what you were doing. NOT THAT I WAS TRYING TO BE CREEPY! Oh my gosh I need to learn when to be quiet. Carp! Stop talking already."

Ipo rapped his knuckles on his head. Stupid! Shut up already!

"I swam here a little while ago so I don't really know anyone yet and I have a spear so please don't be scared of that because I would never hurt anyone with it. It's only for protection and not for hunting or anything like that." His voice trailed off. He had undoubtedly said too much once again.