View Single Post
a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 01-18-2015, 07:22 AM

Though typically one to listen quite intently to whatever suggestions or orders were given to her, Tehra found Labyrinth's words going largely in one ear and out the other. It wasn't that she was against his suggestions, so much that she was finding it very difficult to force her vitals back down. And with good reason.

Though this place looked much different from where she'd been for those two years, there was something a little too familiar. She couldn't place it, but it was as if something in her gut was telling her to keep an eye out for the beautiful raven-haired monster that had kept her captive for so long. He was dead- she'd killed him.

There were many reasons her body was having the gut reaction about Devan that it was- after all, his coven had been the only vampires she'd ever met, logically her subconscious would assume his coven was here too. The viciousness of the attack, it reminded her of his cruelty. In the research she'd conducted over the years after her captivity, she'd learned that most vampires were a bit more elegantin their murders, but these people creatures were not. And most of all, it was the scent that had so much sway over her. Scent was the sense most strongly linked to memory, and the thick smell of blood in the air rudely brought the long abandoned memories to the forefront of her mind.

Labyrinth spoke again. There was movement ahead. "Movement ahead. Noted. I will what I can to protect you, but you need to be ready to fight. Vampires are blindingly fast, and incredibly intelligent. He's luring us somewhere- it's a very common technique of theirs. They lure people into traps and do as they will with them. Sometimes that just means killing them, sometimes it means things quite a lot more sinister. Be prepared." How much detail should she tell him? What did he need to know to protect himself? Likely more than she had shared so far. And so, as they walked, she continued to speak.

"If you get your sight back, be wary- they're quite beautiful. Try to avoid making eye contact if you can. They have an ability called Compel, it's a form of mind control. I doubt it will affect you much, and it does not affect me- but if you hear a voice in your head that isn't your own or me talking to you, it is the vampire trying to suggest things to you. Don't let them in." It was all battle strategy, and if she focused on that element of it, she could almost get her heart rate back to normal, she could almost erase the visions of Devan thinking he'd compelled her into doing thing, horrible things- but never succeeding.

"I understand that it may be strange for you to hear these things. I'm not sure if the agency told you how I arrived to them- it was covered in blood, in a nightgown. And why? Because I had escaped a vampire's home and driven straight there to join the SFA. That's why I know these things, I spent two years of my life living them." Tehra cut her words off abruptly- largely because it was too difficult to keep talking. Perhaps one day she would tell him the rest, but not now. Besides, Tehra could see the large room opening up before them, and in the center? The generator.

"Visual confirmation of the generator. Do you see any movement near it?"