View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 01-20-2015, 05:16 AM

"Pain, fear. Trouble whenever you speak, yet staying silent seems-" Cole suddenly halted, his gaze filling with understanding. He said no more from Tehra's thoughts, and merely watched her quietly. Was there a flicker of hatred in his eyes? Pity? Both. "The lights ... they won't hurt me, but they will draw more attention. That is never good." He spoke with clarity for a moment, looking slightly worried about turning the electricity back on. "The more you can see, the more you will see. Not everything is good." Cole paused. "Nothing here is good. Not anymore. All broken - all dark."

Labyrinth glanced around as his sight continued to return. Perhaps he could pick up on some of the destruction ahead of time? He gave up the moment Cole so much as shifted slightly, and the criminal's Purium pulsed in a threatening manner.

"Instincts? No. I don't want to hurt you." The blond slowly looked down to the switch at his elbow. "You will be hurt if you turn the lights on." Then Cole noticed Tehra's response to his question - there was a way to avoid hurting people. His expression shifted to one of confusion, and then curiosity. "But ... how? Trapped here, there is no other way." He seemed guilty for a moment, and Cole looked down to hide his expression. When he looked up again, his gaze met Tehra's.

"Yes. Memories. Thoughts no one else can see, like reading the past through different pairs of eyes." Cole looked ready to go on another side trail about it when he locked onto something in Labyrinth's eyes. "Further inspection, different from the others. Not sure how - confusion, satisfaction with communication methods. Bright eyes, hardly hidden curiosity..." Cole looked from Labyrinth to Tehra, knowing that he'd just picked up on how Labyrinth viewed Tehra herself. "Oh. You're ... different. They changed you." Was he speaking to his fellow criminal, or to Tehra?

Labyrinth nodded once, assuming the words were meant for him, and kept his gaze on Cole ... but he hadn't missed what the boy had said earier. Nor had he missed how Tehra responded, and her vitals flickered dangerously close to panic. There was truth to whatever babbling the boy was saying, and from what Labyrinth was picking up... it was pieces of Tehra's past. None of it sounded good. The trembling to Tehra's voice made Labyrinth's gaze flicker to her, but he said nothing.

Cole spoke suddenly, his voice rising as though in warning or fear. "The lights bring them. The others came, thinking it safe. Central, warm, bright. Doors sealed behind, no other way in." The youth slowly looked burdened, then let his gaze rise to the duct near the ceiling. The grating had been torn free. "No other way in." Obviously, that hadn't been true. And who's memories was he accessing? No one's. He was recalling the thoughts of those he'd been near before they'd been torn to pieces.

When he seemed to snap back to reality, Cole looked to Tehra. "No. I wasn't speaking of ... him." Before he could continue, Tehra spoke again. This time, he sounded almost offended. "I don't want to teach you anything. You came here to learn what happened - to see why everything went dark." Cole's voice was rising. He was agitated. "Calm. Keep it calm. Keep it from-" The youth silenced briefly, then shook his head. "I'm not here to hurt you! I'm here to stop you from getting hurt!"

Labyrinth glanced to Tehra. He could reach the switch if she could reach the starter. They could start the generator immediately. Bringing power to the facility will allow Labyrinth to tap into the security systems. Computer will be rebooting and online within five minutes of the generator's start. It is advised that we continue.

"No," Cole's voice rose again. "No, no, no. You bring them with the lights. Biting, tearing, fear. Panic. Pain, deception, white tile covered in red. Unable to run, unable to speak..." He shifted closer to the switch as though to block Labyrinth's path. "More fear, more pain. You shouldn't turn it on again!"

Agent Eidolon's mental state is in class five - there is no reason to listen. The trauma Agent Eidolon has experienced will only hinder the mission.

Last edited by Esmme; 01-20-2015 at 05:32 AM..