View Single Post
Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies south for winter?
Penpal

Old 05-24-2013, 05:53 AM

Aiken looked at her curiously. She was being careful of what to say, and it was very easy to tell. And, he didn't like that. He looked up to the man, and wondered if he'd made her like this, or somebody else. He looked back to her kindly.
"Miss Hunter, how could that not matter? A name is who you are- it should always matter." He said softly, before looking up at the man again, who was still staring at him confused.
Aiken was going to comfort this girl, for he could sense the nervousness in the air around her. Whatever she's been through, and he could tell it was bad from the bandages on her, he was going to undo the best he could. He had watched his family age, get sick, get hurt, and had watched them die. So, he never liked to see somebody in this position. It reminded him of how life had been for his family, as he sat there, helpless, never aging. He frowned at the memory, but brought himself back to the man.
"This one. I will 'buy' Rosemary Hunter." He said simply, before looking at the girl, and back. "And I will pay what I want for her, not your set price." He said with a frown at those words.