View Single Post
thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-29-2016, 05:21 PM

Silvestre didn't back down an inch, instead giving a shrug and a tilt of his head to contrast how straight and stiff Axel stood. Hell if he was gonna let Axel think his whole macho routine fazed him at all.

"Oh God, you're right," he said with a monotoned sarcasm, "I'm completely deriving the fans of seeing some twink in a belly-shirt strut around onstage and sing some fast words. How will I ever get as famous as you by focusing on the music?" Later, as usual, he would claim it was all a joke. It was in his nature to tease, and he often had the excuse that people just shouldn't take it so seriously - which was mostly true. But not right now. No matter what he told others (or himself) there were times where his "jokes" were meant to hurt.

Despite his lax demeanor, he did have tells. Like the way he tugged on his earlobe, acting as if he was just making sure his hair was in place. Or how he glanced over at Daniel (who was congratulating Lionus and the others, occasionally shooting a cautious look over at Silvestre). These subtle thing were the only way one could tell he was starting to get uncomfortable. Not that Axel's words were getting to him that much, or that Silvestre thought he'd actually get physical this time. But having Axel closer to him - something about the shape of his jaw and the fullness of his lips that reminded Silvestre of someone else - set him on edge.

He actually scoffed when Axel touched his abs like that, smile wavering for a moment as he looked away (quickly checking if anyone else saw that). "How about don't flirt with guys who don't swing that way?" it was more of a mumble than anything. His own nervous reaction made Silvestre realize Axel really was starting to get under his skin. He needed to get control over things again.

"We're just the opening band, genius," he laughed, full and loud to distract from that second he'd let his guard down, "Of course the crowds are here to see you." He even ventured to lean in, poking a finger to the middle of Axel's chest, "Though, I'm sure a good chunk of them will remember us once they've lost interest in the prettyboy in a crop top."

Again, he meant his words to sting. And after that long-ass pause for applause, Silvestre figured having all that attention was weirdly important to Axel.