View Single Post
thusly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-01-2016, 02:43 AM

"Do not. Fuck this. Up."

Wasteful Things was gathered in the green room. Silvestre saw no point in changing; his wardrobe was the same both on and off stage (somewhere between dressy, sexy, and casual - so he looked good, but not like he was trying to). So they had a quick little band meeting...

"Seriously," it was Daniel's turn to yell at him, apparently, "If you could be cool for just one night--"

"'Coooool,'" Silvestre made a dismissive sound in his throat, "I'm always cool. Super cool. Frosty."

"Wow. OK, I don't know why you're angry," As usual, Daniel could read his petulant moods like a book, "Especially when we're the ones--"

"The ones who seriously thought I would screw you all over?" Slivestre avoided eye contact, pretending to be idly interested in picking the lint off his shirt, "As if I would really throw everything away over that prick."

"I mean," it was the first time Araceli chimed in tonight; she always did seem to have a good point to make when ever she did speak up, "You kinda are almost that much of an asshole. Not to mention, Axel's not even here and you're still trying to antagonize him?"

"Jesus, so I push buttons! It's just what I do!" his laugh sounded almost incredulous, and he tried to hide his aggravation under the usual layer of devil-may-care apathy, "Would you guys love me if I were anything other than myself?"

"You... you make it hard, Angel," Daniel was obviously hesitant to say it out loud. Which pissed Silvestre off almost as much as hearing that name.

"Oh, cut the dramatic crap, Dani," his smile swayed toward a grimace as he ran his hand through his hair, breaking up some of the gel that kept it so firmly in place, "I understand getting this from these bitches, but back me up a bit! You're my bro - you're supposed to stick with me no matter what."

"Oh, like no matter what stupid, selfish shit you do, I'll just roll with it?" Daniel's words were steady and measured - Silvestre could pretty much tell what was coming next, "And was Micah supposed to too?"

He didn't answer that. He didn't even give himself a moment to think about it. He stormed out the door almost before Daniel finished the sentence. Vaguely, he could hear Daniel tell the others to let him go. The bastard. He probably knew just saying the name would assure Silvestre would do whatever it took to make this right. To make up for what he'd already fucked up.

Only he and Daniel knew what the name meant to him - Araceli and Cass joined the band after Micah was long gone. Though maybe Axel would at least remember the name of Wasteful Thing's original lead guitarist.