View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-17-2017, 02:18 PM

Axel grinned back with more ease than before. "You should feel honored. Honored that I'm drinking with you at all," he added with a laugh full of superiority and just plain mirth. He was able to joke with less burn now, just following the carefree lead that Silvestre seemed to be showing. He shook his head, remembering briefly just how they ended up in this mess. "All that damn manager's fault..." Turning up his lip for a second, he got lost in his own distaste so the other man's question caught him off guard.

"Excuse me?" He blinked, trying to figure out just where Silvestre got the idea of hair. Then, he decided that it came up completely random in the first place. He hadn't said a thing. Had he? Nothing to bring up this conversation and yet, just as the bartender returned with their round of shots, Axel snorted our loud. "You're kidding right? Blonde?" Something almost like a laugh tried to make its way through. Not quite a laugh of amusement, but still something. "I've never been blonde in my life, idiot! Just..." He trailed off for a second.

As he knocked back his drink, he flashed back to another bar somewhere back home with smokey air and a stale smell. The place looked like a wreck, but they just performed a show and the members of Wasteful Things came to cheer them on. Had he...smiled back then? Axel didn't know and it made the smile on his face falter. Nothing good came of thinking about back then though because circumstances changed and he threw up twice in the bathroom before that show because he was so nervous. Why would he want that back? Even if he felt a lot better afterwards and hanging out with his musician friends started to change that. He didn't want to go back.

Axel sighed. "It was dark brown anyway. My hair hasn't changed that much. Isn't it just you're way of looking?" He snorted again, trying to push away the memories with derision. He was too on edge and relaxed at the same time, so as soon as he plunked his glass back on the table, he called to the bartender. "Keep 'em coming. All night, okay!" So the man nodded and twirled away, more than happy to fulfill their request.