View Single Post
psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 07-23-2007, 09:07 AM

RANDOM

Why do you hate eating alone so much? Is it really that bad? If anything, I would say it's the other way around. I don't mind eating alone. You can be as messy as you want and only the strangers will stare at you. No acquaintance will be strongly offended that you have licked your fingers or spoken with your mouth open. When you eat alone, you can have whatever set of manners you wish.

And if you're alone, you can actually eat. There's no stopping between mouthfuls to make polite conversation or period where you must suspend your fork in midair and nod as they make a point.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm a loner and don't want to eat with anyone. I don't mind eating with someone as long as they're someone I'm comfortable with. If they're easy and agreeable but not terribly brilliant they're alright. The other kinds are as well too, I suppose, but only if I actually know them.

I'm simply a creature who desires to eat her meals in peace. I don't hate the people I am obligated to eat with because my break falls at the same time as them. It's just that... we have nothing to talk about. So I have nothing to say. And they have nothing to say. Thus, the whole thing just becomes terribly awkward and silent.

I like to avoid those moments.

And so I prefer to eat alone.