Thread: Shot Me Down
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 07-14-2014, 11:58 PM

While he waited, Andy avoided the gaze of others as he focused on putting the extra weight on White so she could handle it without stress. He evenly placed everything so she could walk well and still hold him, and when he cooed kindly at her, she snorted and nudged him, and he felt confident that she would be fine. Then he wasted the rest of his time straddling the roping log, which held his weight easily, and he brushed out his hair with the new brush. It felt wonderful over his hair, never catching, or pulling. He smiled and closed his eyes, humming in appreciation at the simple luxury he had now, and no one could take that away. Not right now. Sighing, Andy decided to leave it loose and glanced up when the breeze changed and he caught a rather intoxicating smell on the wind. He didn't comment on it, but smiled, relieved that he had a familiar human to speak to now.

"Oh, yes..." He returned the smile gently. "I... got everything I thought I'd need... Clothes... And some underthings... And a bedroll and blanket of my own, so you don't have to share with me..." He kicked his leg over the log and sat right, facing Joey. "S-so... Um, are we... going on, or are we going to stay here...? For the night, I mean?" He looked down, but he didn't know why. Maybe because that habit was burned into his memory, his psyche. And his back was aching, though he didn't want to admit that beyond a grimace. The movement of White Tide under him had irritated the injuries.