View Single Post
For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2015, 08:24 PM

@Ava - Casting directors definitely pick who is hot at the moment a lot. I feel like that's why we got the X-Men casts that we did in the first few movies. Halle Berry as Storm and such. I also think that that's why we're getting Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange. There are a lot of actors of color that would have made far superior Dr. Strange's! Dr. Strange is not originally a person of color. He's some spoiled white surgeon that goes to the far east and sees the light and becomes a hero and all that. But he has a rather ambiguous appearance and there are a lot of really handsome actors of color that would have nailed it. Only, they pick Benedict Cumberbatch who has such a weird damn face. He looks like you could paint him blue and send him off to be a cat person in Avatar. I know he's super popular, but I've never gotten the appeal.

Anyway, I, Frankenstein was no scary. I mean, there were demons and gargoyles, but they weren't so done up that they were really scary.

If nothing in the trailer scares you, you should be good to go. :D

@Amane and Nola - I like books too. But the internet has also taken over. I still read, but mostly I'm reading fanfiction, with the occasional book thrown in here or there. After all, fanfiction is free and tends to deliver just what you went hunting for. And if it doesn't, write your own!