View Single Post
Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless your actions see them through...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 AM

The raven haired male laughed light heartily, "At least she would get to have the best sex of her life before she tried though. . . So maybe in the end it would all be worth it, no?" It was of course a sarcastic remark (and a bit of a cocky one), but it was a joke in good humor that he knew Faith would understand. His days as a prostitute made him a bit high on his abilities, though not unwarranted, did sometimes leave him in a state of contentment. Somewhere a man of his status, occupation, and ambition should never be.

Another effect of being around this beautiful woman I assume? The fact of the matter was, Kage knew felt that he was too comfortable around her. She was, well, perfect. And there should never be a perfect match for an assassin. If there was, it shouldn't be another assassin who happens to be from a rival faction. This is why we are not allowed to love. The mage could hear his master's deep ominous voice now, "Love is a cripple boy, it will get you killed. If you choose love, you choose death and I promise you. . ." He could picture that sadistic smile as if Raven were standing right in front of him, "Death will claim you one day my boy. Whether it be in the line of duty, or. . . well I'll pray to Nysos that the other option never claims you." That was his first lesson and lecture. Yet here he was right now struggling to figure out how he felt about this woman who could kill him simply by sweating on him during a night of passion. On the other hand, he was just as much of a danger to her. Ah Nysos, the wonderful predicaments you place me in. . .

Whatever the case, the fact of the matter was that he wanted to be near her. Even if he could only sleep with her (which was amazing in and of itself) and never make her his own, he would be satisfied. As she put on a dress and tied it with a dark green sash, Azoth simply admired her figure from afar. Then after another moment of sensuality Faith's humor made the assassin grin and then smile when she ordered breakfast. His stomach rumbled with anticipation and anxiousness.

Upon her return Kage could scarcely contain a grin as he listed to her reply to his question, "Elf things huh? I happen to like elves you know!?! I bet I know one would take offense to such comments." He arched an eyebrow as if he were actually offended and then crossed his arms over his chest and held the pose. A few moments later he found himself grinning like a fool unable to not laugh at his awful joke. He even felt a little ashamed at the joke. Not that it was in bad taste, just that he hadn't come up with anything better. And it was then that he realized that he had never had any clumsy moment like this with Viridiana, but they hadn't just sat around being themselves entirely either. His guard was completely down right now and it was semi frightening. He made a mental note that she was already training others as well, something he had outright refused to do.

Kage then went to his pack and grabbed his boot dagger and the special set of twin daggers that he always kept on him at all times. They were his favorite weapon, two parts of a whole as Vane had taught him, and his most dangerous style. His sword would have to be picked up by one of his assistants later. When Faith asked if she said something wrong the male quickly replied, "No, love. You've said nothing out of place. . . That I can think of. . ." He paused for a moment with a look of bewilderment on his face as his eyes darted from left to right, "You haven't said you were going to kill me at any point right?" He smiled genuinely at her and chuckled lightly. The question was rhetorical as well as a joke, she didn't have to answer.

Then the food finally arrived and Kage walked to the table pulling out Faith's chair and then scooting it in when she took her seat. He nodded when she commented about the Doria family party, "Actually, I am. I have a few appointments to take care of before then but yes, I'll be there. Nobles tend to talk a bit more amongst one another than anyone else, so there's no better place to go get information than an influential family's party." He paused for a moment between a bite of ham and fruit, then continued once he was done, "It's time for Lord Tristan to make his return as well as. . . his wife." Kage figured he wouldn't have to explain who played the role of Tristan's wife to Faith, but he figured she wouldn't take it to heart. Hopefully. Then again he had things to settle with Vi before they went to the party anyway.

Regardless, he quickly moved on,"Not to mention have a very special person to meet with beforehand, or else I won't live to see another day. . ." His tone was that of a defeated man's but there was an upbeat vibe coming from Azoth now. Then he suddenly perked up again and finished, "So I guess the short answer to your question was both. And yes, you should look for me in a crowd of waltzing nobles. I'll be the dark skinned male with all the attention on him." That signature sly grin was on his face again as the mage's confidence was put on display once more. "If you plan on attending love, save me a dance." It may have been a tactless thing to say but the offer was genuine.

((I think so too lol))