View Single Post
Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless your actions see them through...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 07-08-2011, 01:09 AM

This took him back. The fighting. It had been a while since the two of them got into a real fight. It had probably been about five years or so. The thought gave way to the shadows of a grin. He could tell that she was calming down a bit, her yelling had stopped. It was kind of cute that she didn't really know how else to handle things, and it was one of the quirks that attracted Azoth to Vi.

One thing that was a double edged sword with her was her loyalty. Vi is just as loyal to the Architect as she was to Phantom (Vane) when he was their guildmaster. It's a subject that's a little frustrating to Azoth since he doesn't feel the same way towards the man. Not that he doesn't respect their head but he isn't nearly as loyal to him as Viridiana. Its a bit of a bitterness towards Architect for showing him his shortcomings as an assassin. "Yes, I'm asking that your trust lie with me on this one." When she agreed, it was one problem off of the mage's back, but the stipulation was steep and Azoth knew that he didn't have time to think on it or else, "Fine, deal." He wasn't sure if he would be able to hold up his end of the bargain but he would give it a conscious effort for Vi.

After she had taken her seat and he was seated, he was happy to hear that she had agreed to both of his offers. It would be good to see Vane again and it would look good to the nobles if both of the Tristan's were in attendance at the ball tonight. Two positives for now. "I'll let Master know that you're coming so we'll wait for you at the tavern," he said in an upbeat tone.

When she asked if he really loved her, Azoth took a look up from his bowl and he could see she was trying to hide her true reaction. His features softened as he gave her that crooked grin, "Of course I meant it. I wouldn't have said it otherwise, you know that."

-------

Heading up the Templar Order was no small task, there were hundreds of men that he was responsible for. Not that it was a daunting task for the legendary Regnus Pierce (he's in a Templar uniform of course). Standing at 6'3'' and over 200 lbs, Regnus was easily stood out as the head of the Templars. Having lost his eye to an assassination attempt, the burly man had a fearsome look to his opponents. Though to his subordinates, he was the look of compassion. It was widely known that Regnus was a kind hearted soul who took to the teachings of the church and believed that the work they were doing was for God. He never took on a family fearing that if he did, they would have become a target to get to him.

Regnus was only 24 when he took control of the Templars making him the youngest commander in history. Since then he had killed more than a few of the more infamous assassins as well as a taking the heads of a few guildmasters. In fact he had recently just killed the Tigers. He had heard rumors that he had been succeeded by a man named Fang who was even more bloodthirsty and a bit more intelligent than the last. He clashed with both of the more recent guildmasters of the Shadow Order and even fought against the Talon's guildmaster. Those were three fights that he was proud to have survived but he had fought on even terms with them all. Just the fact that he had walked away alive from those fights had made him into a legend. Some called him Regnus the Eternal, others Regnus the Immortal, but most referred to him as Regnus the Fierce. Not that he cared a great deal for nicknames but it was good to hear that his Order was proud of him.

At the moment he was in the middle of meeting with a few of the higher ranking members of the Templar Order. "As you all know, the assassins have been growing in strength and numbers lately. I have personally killed more than a dozen in this past week. With their strength and numbers, they are growing bold. My life has been in danger more often than usual, which is of little concern to me but I do not wish for this to continue." Standing up from the round table that that the seven members in attendance were sitting he walked over to the bookshelf that hid their secret meeting room from the public. "We've had too many templar deaths in the past month for me to sit by and not take action. Therefor, I wish to hear your thoughts on my solution to this problem. A purge. . ."