View Single Post
Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 PM

Well hello my friends...it's that time of the year again! Excessive sugar consumption, dressing up in ridiculous outfits and terrorizing the neighborhood, and that's just the adults...

So once again we throw open the doors of Menewsha's town hall to welcome in the revelers, but wait, are you really sure you want to step inside?? For in here we are celebrating the Day of the Dead, and who knows what you may find on the other side of these doors...

Step into the ballroom, it has been transformed! Bright paper streamers and tapestries swathe the walls. Garlands made of fresh fruit and flowers are entwined around the pillars, all bedecked with tiny twinkling white and orange lights. The tables are strewn with rose and marigold petals, each lit by candles in carnival glass shades and each chair wears its own corsage of glowing flowers.

The band! Well...who ever thought that skeletons could be so dexterous? Feast your eyes upon these gentlemen and their wonderful Catrina make-up (well I'm assuming it's make-up...) and outfits. So much more fun than their usual dinner suits, I think they should dress in mutli-coloured sombreros all the time!

If you've worked up an appetite after dancing then the buffet will be the place for you. We have a HUGE variety as always; you can choose from your traditional party fare but we also have one table dedicated to a Latin theme (you can wait in line behind me for the tamales!) including some wonderful painted sugar skulls which are piled up between the dishes.

We also have a very fun table of suitably gruesome Halloween food! Do you dare eat any of it, well do you? It's not real eyeballs, blood and fingers and so on, honest *snicker*. Vicktoria has also baked up a batch of particularly disgusting-looking cookies which I'm sure she'll be trying to force-feed people with, so watch out for those!

We've extended the theme out into the garden too, as always our grill chef is busy barbequing up some tasty delights on the terrace (just no questions about what kind of meat it is, ok?) Torches light the way and keep the chill at bay, all walkways are lit with strings of rather fun skull lanterns and Nalin's been up to something...either that or the gardens have been invaded by monster spiders, all the archways and tall trees are covered with what looks a LOT like giant cobwebs. I'll just hope they're fake ;)

On the main lawn we have a positively enormous bonfire, we've been collecting the wood for this since the summer and we intend for it to stay alight right through the event, so feel free to throw off your inhibitions and dance wildly around that!

We also have various entertainment features dotted around the main lawn. Lots of booths of the fun fair variety have been set up, so you can try your hand at all kinds of games and maybe win a goldfish that will be dead by tomorrow!

All in all there's something for everyone here; you can eat, you can dance, you can play or just relax, but above all, you can have FUN!!