View Single Post
Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 02-11-2014, 05:28 AM

WherededIGo: I'd have 'liked' or given 'thumbs up' to your comment on my answer to Lunna Dea's first question if I could...and by the way, congrats on winning the honour of best answer to steelmagghia's first question.

---------- Post added 02-11-2014 at 06:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
Steelmagghia's Question

Round 2: A species of intelligent aliens has copper based blood (hemocyanin), a hardened skull plate, and lays eggs. What are the first three things this species invents and why?

Just so you know "shelter" doesn't count as an invention, as even non "intelligent" species will huddle in a cave. However, a specialized shelter WOULD count.
They invent a egg incubating system. It creates not only jobs for those that need paid work, because there would be a need for aliens to maintain the sytem, but it also eases the stress of the wealthy aliens who keep laying eggs but don't feel they can manage to incubate them in order for healthy hatched alien babies as well as work their typical occupation.

They invent a dangerous head butting game/sport. The spectators would bet and gamble on which one of the two competing aliens has the capacity to break with their hardened skull plate heads, ridiculously hard objects with the least head butts...so things like rocks would be used as objects to break...

They also invent copper supplements which are consumed by the unhealthy aliens who have a copper defiency in their blood steam.