View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 02-27-2015, 02:22 AM

"The benefits.. The demerits.." Evangeline considered these things again, but it lead only to a slightly defeated sigh from the woman, she already saw those, she already knew them, but it still wasn't much of an answer. She couldn't blame him for being conflicted though, at least that was what she assumed his meaning of complicated to be. But at the very least they shared some common ground, in that regard she was actually a little thankful. She rested her arms across her chest, palms placed against her elbows, she wasn't tense at all, no grip showing.

When he patted the place next to her, she paused briefly, but then sat down. She wouldn't say she was coaxed to it, but to know he'd welcomed her to it at least felt rather nice. Evangeline rested her hands in her lap, one crossed over the other as she rested on leg over the other. His question though made her turn her head to him. She remained silent for a moment, but then smiled,
"Not quite.." She responded. "I can kill a man in the dark and he would never know I was there. I'll admit that might be a benefit to this outfit, however.. Hmm.. Tempting it appears.. But it served a function, not just form." The woman half-turned towards him, slowly reaching her left hand toward him, he could see for himself what she was doing, to the point that she placed the tips of her fingers against his chest, but then pushed.

There was nothing to feel, at least not physically. She wouldn't blame the imaginary discomfort of the mind telling him this was wrong and probably felt wrong. It didn't take long for her to have her entire hand in his chest,
"I can grasp a persons heart inside their own body, if I wanted. It is nothing but darkness in there, after all. I could squeeze arteries, suffocate the lungs, or even break bones.. If I wanted.." She drew her hand out and pointed her fingers then across the garden to a pitcher of flowers. A black knife seemed to form beneath the shade and slice one of the flowers off at its stem,
"Or I can do it from this far away.. I could kill an entire room full of people like this. So dressing like this would be pointless." The flower didn't fall, instead a shadowy hand held it aloft, eventually traveling across the ground, back to where the two were sitting, she took the red flower and softly spun it in front of herself, "It's a little difficult to explain.. Perhaps you could call this my.. Natural state..?" She hesitated at firs ton wha tto call it, but then continued, "When I was.. Given the gift of these powers, this was the outfit I had trained to perform rituals in. Now that I am shadow, it, too, is a part of me, as much as it is not. Tear my clothing and it will take its shape back again, along with me. It is bonded to me, along with my powers. But I can separate myself from them, or make them vanish at will since they are still not my own body. They no longer serve their old function, so now they are simply form, but still more reliable than normal clothing." She carefully explained the attire, though shrugged, "If that makes sense, at least..? I can explain each individual piece and its relevance to magi and ritual training, if that would help?"