Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-16-2013, 10:45 PM

I made something! And it tastes pretty good so far! X3

Sugar Plum Sweets
Username: Alexander J Luthor
Creation name/Optional Link for Recipe: Chocolate Rommegrot
Image of My Entry:

I don't have a PDF or anything with the recipe, but I can jot it real quick here.
1 stick butter
3/4 c flour
1 Tbs sugar
2 c whole milk
1 c whipping cream
1/2 c thick chocolate milk
cinnamon sugar

Topping:
1 c whipping cream
2 Tbs powdered sugar
2 Tbs sugar

Rommegrot: In one pan simmer whipping cream and whole milk, stirring so as not to burn. In second pan melt butter to liquid and stir in flour until a butter/flour crumb forms. Ladle in the warm milk and stir together until it has a thick pudding texture. Add chocolate milk to simmered milk and continue stirring it into pudding. Stir in sugar, mix to desired thickness and pour into serving glasses. Remember, you don't need to use all the milk. Top with cinnamon sugar.

Topping: Mix all ingredients and whip until stiff peaks form. Scoop onto rommegrot and serve. Sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on top for presentation.

~*~*~

Normally you'd eat rommegrot hot or warm, but this sweeter version tastes delicious chilled. And according to Google my family has been making it different anyway. It's apparently a more savory dish and we've taken the sweet treat route.

The regular way we'd make it is without the chocolate milk, half and half instead of whipping cream, and we'd top it with melted butter and cinnamon sugar instead of whipped cream. I could eat a tub by myself.