View Single Post
Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
You mean mac so good it can send you to the hospital. I was thinking the other way around.

Farmers cheese? What is farmers cheese? I like to use cheddar or a Monterrey jack mix with mozzarella to make the cheeses stretchy.

I'll use an extra packet of powdered cheese to make my mac concoction. A wasted box of noodles is worth it to me if it brings about more flavor.

In addition to the milk and butter I add about a half cup of cheddar soup. Add the cheeses and powder along with some ground beef and you have yourself a fattening meal.
To be honest, I'm sure it's just a fancy name for a more tart flavor of cheese. It's interesting when cubed up with cheddar.

Ah. I see. I've done the extra packet when I needed those noodles for something else. Cheddar soup mixed in sounds delightful.

---------- Post added 03-13-2017 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimKusanagi View Post
I guess I'm lazy I just add whipping cream and a fair amount of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Nonsense. Whipping cream, veleeta, ground chuck, and rotel combine to make the greatest chip sauce ever.

---------- Post added 03-13-2017 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
When I make mac and cheese I just combine butter, flour, milk and shredded cheese that I shred myself. I usually use a mixture of cheeses because just extra sharp cheddar on its own renders too much fat and doesn't adhere to the noodles correctly.
Speaking of shred, have you ever used a zester for cheese? I did it on mozzarella and it was so fine the pile re-adhered into a chunk of cheese. Works really goof for adding hard cheeses to soups.