View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 PM

They left the theatre laughing with smiles wide across their faces.

"Oh, that movie was adorable!" Daisy squealed. "Now I can see why you loved Paddington so much as a child." She leaned on Tom's arm, snaking her hands around it and giving it a gentle squeeze. Tom laughed in response,

"Oh yes!" He exclaimed, "Paddington was always adorable to me." They walked a little ways away, again, neither of them having the guts to ask the other where it was they were going... They walked in whatever awkward direction their feet took them, neither of them exactly "leading the way" as one of them probably should. Tom was too afraid to step over Daisy's feet and make her uncomfortable, while Daisy felt like she wasn't worthy of telling Tom what to do because of his status.

Tom didn't seem to notice, er, maybe he did, but he didn't let Daisy see, but Daisy could feel pairs of eyes staring at them as they walked. Mostly people noticing Tom Hiddleston and gawking at his beauty, probably. She was very surprised that there hadn't been any grown women trying to steal a picture with him, or worse, chewing out Daisy because she was so close to him... Yikes. She'd hate to run into jealous fangirls on this trip. She already had enough problems with self esteem.

"I'm hungry." Daisy said, though, she wasn't talking to Tom, she was just thinking aloud. Tom, however, came to a complete halt mid-step in front of the Starbucks. He looked at Daisy, with a serious look of Oh my god, she's probably starving, poor thing!, then it melted quickly into a warm smile and he asked,

"What would you prefer to eat, Daisy?" Tom's smile could easily melt Daisy. She looked into his blue eyes and once again, she felt so small. Well, it was true, he was very, very tall compared to her, but she felt so minuscule. He felt like a god. A huge, mighty being that was loved and worshiped by so many people while she was just no one. The sudden fear of the jealous fangirls came back to her mind and she looked at him and responded quickly.

"C-can't we just get something to eat in our suite? Like, don't they have room service or something on this ship?"

Tom chuckled, "I believe when I first arrived here they told me there was 24-hour room service on this ship. But are you sure you don't want to try the food court? I'm sure there are many more options at the food court than there would be on the menu of-"

Daisy cut him short. "Yeah, I'm sure." She smiled. The truth was, she didn't want to be walking around the ship, where she was certain many fans would be lurking. No, she didn't want to give them the chance to completely destroy her.

"Alright." Tom said, and they walked back to their suite, side by side, both very, very silent, though, they stole awkward glances at each other and exchanged crooked smiles.

- - - -

Daisy was on her sixth Corona... They'd already finished their sandwiches that they'd ordered from room service and now they were both lounging on the couch in the living room, the TV was on, but neither of them were actually watching. Especially not Daisy, who was so nervous she couldn't tell she was drinking like a fish.

Tom thought about asking her to stop, but he didn't feel as though he should... She didn't seem like she was drunk, yet. But still, he didn't want it to get to that point. If that happened the press would go wild! Negative publicity was NOT what he needed. He waited until the tip of the bottle left Daisy's lips before putting a hand over hers and grabbing the bottle from her,

"I think you've had enough, Daisy." He said, though, he did his best to sound gentle, as though he were a friend trying to warn her about an unwise decision. Daisy snorted,

"I'm not drunk, Tom..." She spat. "I'm just trying to calm myself a little..." Tom frowned.

"I don't believe that drinking is going to make you calm, in fact, I think it'll just cause a new set of problems. Soon, being 'calm' will be the least of your worries if you keep drinking."

"Whatever." Daisy sighed. "I'm just nervous for dinner... I've never been any place fancy before."

"I don't believe that." Tom smiled,

"Well, believe it!" Daisy turned away from him like a pouty child and folded her arms across her chest. She mumbled something under her breath that Tom didn't hear, so naturally he leaned in a little bit and kindly asked her to say it again.

"I'm nobody, Tom... I'm just a black girl from nowhere'sville, Florida and if anyone sees me with you... Well... you know... It's not a good idea. If I don't have some confidence everyone will get mad at me. They'll think I'm some kind of weirdo and that I don't deserve to breathe the same air as you." Daisy didn't mean to get so emotional... It was probably the beer that did it, she normally wasn't so soft. Her eyes began to fill with tears and she found herself struggling to breathe.

"Daisy..." Tom began to pat her back. "You aren't nobody. I appreciate all of my fans and if they do not respect the people that I surround myself with, then they are no fans of mine. Not a real one, anyway." He massaged her back gently as she turned around to look him in the eye once more. "I promise, Daisy, it will go well. Being drunk will NOT improve the situation." He smiled and Daisy gave her best attempt to return it. "Feeling better?"

Daisy gave a slow nod.

"Good." Tom smiled. "Alright, why don't you show me the 'fancy' attire you've brought with you? Tell me you didn't only bring jeans and sweatshirts for a trip like this!"