View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-10-2015, 01:08 AM

Brid dropped Takahiro's sunglasses on the coffee table and flopped down on the couch in the suite. The tears were pretty much gone but she still felt drained from the emotions. She wanted to hide, but yet she was to exhausted to move so she settled with turning her back on the room.

Takahiro wanted to reach out to the hurting girl, to comfort her. Yet he also wanted to ask questions, find out who this "Sarius" was and why he or she caused Brid tears. But he sensed that she wasn't ready to share that yet and so he let her be.

He flipped the big screen TV on and turned the volume low, flipping through channels until he found something interesting. He glanced over at Brid and could tell from her breathing that she had dozed off. He picked up the nearby throw blanket and spread it gently over her slipping form before going back to watching TV.

And so several hours passed quietly, until Jenkins appeared in the suite's living room. Seeing the slumbering Brid, he spoke softly to Takahiro. "I came to inform you that there is an hour and a half until dinner. As it is a formal affair, I thought you would like time to prepare, especially the lady." He turned to leave, but paused to say over his shoulder, "if either of you need anything, you have but to call."

Takahiro turned the TV off and reached out a hand to touch Brid's shoulder, prepared to wake her gently. But the result of his touch surprised him, one moment she was asleep and the next she had jerked instantly awake.

Brid snapped awake at Takahiro's touch, rolling to sit up. Her movements caused the blanket to fall to the floor as she looked up into Takahiro's dark eyes.

"Easy," Takahiro soothed softly. "Jenkins just came to tell us that their is an hour and a half until dinner. He thought we might want time to get ready, especially since its a formal dinner."

At the thought of preparing for the formal dinner, Brid flopped back against the couch with a groan. Her slender fingers raked unconsciously through her hair as her eyes closed in frustration.

"What is the matter?" Takahiro asked, his voice laced with concern.

"I am so out of my league here," she muttered.

"What do you mean?" Takahiro asked. "Its just a dinner."

"A dinner that requires make-up and fancy hairdos. I know braids and pony tails, those wont cut it for a formal dinner. And..."

"And what?" Takahiro's dark eyes gazed intensely at her.

"And I don't even know how to put on make-up," she muttered quietly. "Pathetic right?" Brid said when Takahiro didn't speak right away.

"Iie...I mean no Brid-san," Takahiro said, accidently lapsing into Japanese. "Jenkins-san," he called out and the butler quickly appeared.

"What can I do for you Master Takahiro?" He asked with a smile.

"Is there somewhere in the shopping center to get Brid-san's hair and make-up done?" Takahiro asked.

"I am afraid my knowledge in such is lacking," Brid added at the butler's upraised eyebrow. "My mother died before she could teach me any of that."

"I am afraid that the salons in the shopping center will be full at this hour, as everyone is preparing for dinner, but give me a moment," Jenkins said, disappearing back into his room.

Ten minutes later there was a knock on the door and Jenkins opened it to admit a pretty brunette pulling a sleek black-and-chrome case behind her. Her face was kind and she looked like a model, her make-up impeccable.

"This is Elena, one of the best hair and make-up artists on the ship," Jenkins said gesturing to the girl. "Today was her day off but she kindly agreed to come and do your hair and make-up. Now Master Takahiro," he said turning to the young man, "shall we leave the ladies to it?"

"Of course," Takahiro said, shooting Brid a reassuring smile.

He left for his room as Elena ushered Brid up the stairs to her bedroom. The beautiful brunette pulled the big curtains that shielded Brid's bedroom from the rest of the suite and then opened her kit to reveal an array of hair and make-up implements.

"I am sorry to interrupt your day off," Brid said apologetically.

"Don't be," Elena said with a smile. "I couldn't resist when Brid told me of you." She motioned Brid towards the seat in front of the vanity table.

"Pathetic that I know nothing of hair and make-up, isn't?" Brid said derisively as she sat down.

"Not at all girl," Elena said kindly. "There are plenty of girls that have no to limited knowledge, or people like me wouldn't have a job."

Elena got busy pulling Brid's hair back and curling and pinning it. Fourty-five minutes later Brid's hair was done and Elena began on make-up. She assured Brid that she would keep it very natural looking. When she finished Brid's make-up, Elena offered to help her get in her dress. Brid decided on the ball gown, not feeling ready for the more revealing fitted dress. Once in her dress Brid pulled on a pair of strappy black heels that the girl in the shop had convinced her to buy to go with the dress. And finally the matching necklace and earring set.

(Going to stop here, didn't realize this post had gotten so long. Sorry guys.)