View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-03-2015, 02:55 AM

"I think that is a great idea," Takahiro said in response to Tom's question. "Plus I think everyone will be a lot more at ease in a more casual setting."

Before anyone could say anything Captain Taylor, his first mate and two other of his top staff. As soon as the captain introduced everyone and took his seat, a waiter appeared with complimentary wine or champagne. Brid and Takahiro each took a glass of wine and Brid took a sip, hoping the alcohol would calm her nerves.

Now that the Captain and his crew was here, her nerves doubled. She knew that her face was wearing its usually mask of aloofness, hiding the turmoil underneath. Oh how she wished she was back at the ranch, laughing and joking with all the ranch hands.

Takahiro's hand returned to its place on her knee, but that was the only outward acknowledgement he made of her inner total. Another waiter appeared with menus, passing them out to each person at the table, before disappearing again. Brid took another sip of wine, opened her menu and nearly choked on the wine. At the sight of the prices she was so glad that this was included in the winner's package.

She looked at the menu wishing for something familiar like chicken-fried steak. Brid loved chicken-fried steak, and Mami at the ranch made the best chicken-fried steak, shoot she made the best fried chicken too. Finally she decided on salad and Atlantic salmon. Takahiro ordered the same but he ordered with a confidence that spoke of familiarity and she realized that this probably wasn't the first time he had dined somewhere fancy.

(Sorry its a short one guys. Work has been crazy brutal the last two days. I am exhausted.)