View Single Post
jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-04-2014, 06:35 PM

Ok, here's my somewhat pathetic selection ><

What do we have here. The 2 tomato plants that I potted up individually yesterday, sage that I grow from seed last year, I've hacked it down as it was straggly and I'm pinching it out as it grows to get it to bush out. The succulenty things are Buddha's Temple. I chopped that up and stuck each bit in a pot of it's own, they seem to root pretty easily, the parent plant was a single stem that had got about a foot tall and wouldn't stand up. That's now growing new shoots where I chopped the top off. You can see them if you look at the fullsize pic, it's in the terracotta pot in the blue tray.

Mexican hat plants in cluster in the pot in the front, I need to pay them some attention, they look rough! In the long planter there's what's apparently spinach at the end, though it doesn't taste or look anything like spinach! The rest in there is American land cress. I saw these seeds and was intrigued, because I love watercress, so I was keen to try and grow an alternative that could grow in soil.

This chap in here is a dwarf broad bean, isn't he the cutest! Two flowers dying on there already, so I'll be watching those like a hawk to see if pods form!

In this pathetic tray we have fennel, which I bought seeds for simply because the plants look cool >< Also 2 minute tarragon seedlings, ringed in red for your convenience, lol.

Things are doing better in this one. There's the other tomato, 3 pepper seedlings, and rainbow chard which I got just to try, it's not bad! The intent was just to eat it as salad greens. Oh and there's some sad specimens of onions in that other seedtray xD

This is why I need some new compost! This stuff is barely growing apart from the one tray, lol. I don't really expect any kind of success anyway what with growing indoors, but seeds are cheap and growing plants look good even if they don't produce any, er, produce! lol.

But! The tomatoes, I dunno if I need to pinch the tops out or not! They're not normal tomato plants, they cherry ones, and it said you can grow them indoors, so they shouldn't be going to grow to 6ft tall!

I just eat a couple of leaves from the biggest cress seedling, yum! It does taste just like watercress! Awesome!