Thread: Chemical Love
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-05-2014, 11:10 PM

Waiting for Cian's answer was killing Layland. He was not a man for suspense. He didn't read books for pleasure, instead skipping to the ending. It was no different now and his patience was wearing thin. He nearly asked his question again before Cian spoke. The words left him baffled. At first he was irritated that Cian answered in such a vague fashion, but when he unfolded the paper that was thrust at him, his confusion wore over. The picture was of none other than him, perhaps a little vague since they'd only met briefly, but still him. "I guess it does work after all."

Layland followed the other man out of the building after a few seconds staring at the picture. He needed to take it in, the knowledge that he'd creating something no one else had before. As much as his heart dropped to his feet at the results, the scientist part of him sent a light fizzy sensation through his blood. Elation perhaps. He didn't give names to his emotions.

Cian occupied one of the benches just outside the building. Layland nearly walked right up to him and demanded information, but as he got closer, he got a look at Cian's face. Slowing his walk, Layland moved past to the unoccupied bench to the right. He sat, not looking toward the crying man. Layland was uncharacteristically calm as he watched the wind sift through the leaves of a tree across from him. After a minute of silence, he spoke. "I'm going to try to fix this. Whatever people say about me, I fix my mistakes. I sure you don't want to be..." he hesitated over the word again. "Don't want to be in love with me any more than I want you to."