Thread: Chemical Love
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2014, 02:05 AM

Layland noticed the coin for the first time when it lifted into the air and came toward him. He eyed the coin suspiciously for a second, then took it. It looked like a normal coin to him, but when he bushed his thumb over the face, it changed just like Cian said it would. He turned in his seat to look at the other man. "I don't need your help," he complained, but he couldn't quite gather the irritation to make it sound convincing. He did need help. He didn't even know poppy girl's name. He had a dozen pictures of her, all shot from a distance. The closest he'd gotten to approaching her was watching outside a studio window as she painted. Tricking her into liking him seemed like the only hope he had. He had no practice in making himself likable.

"Why are you trying to help me anyway? I haven't done anything to warrant this kind of kindness from you. People don't just..." Layland sighed and he rethought what he said. "No, that wouldn't be important would it? of course you'd want to help me. Right." Obviously this was all the fault of the potion. Cian wouldn't be helpful if not for that. Layland tucked the coin into his hand, holding onto it tightly despite saying he didn't need the help.