Thread: Chemical Love
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-07-2014, 07:14 AM

Feeling like the only thing he could do was apologize, Layland snuck toward the art building. He hated that he was acting lurky like this. It was a sign of lacking confidence, but damn it, he was lacking confidence right now. For all that he acted like the top rung of the ladder, even he had moments where he remembered he was nothing more than a chem student. So Layland slipped a signed note into Cian's locker--he knew which it was now--and walked away before he could be seen. The one words on the piece of paper were, "I'm sorry."

After that, Layland headed to the lab. He still felt despondent and uninterested in work, but work was also the only solace he knew. Checking the sample he'd been testing against earlier, he cursed to see that it too looked unaffected by the cure now. Maybe the cure worked against a small sample for a little while, but it obviously wasn't a long term solution. Perhaps he didn't need to start all over again though...

"Why am I even trying? That guy wouldn't drink it even if I did make a real cure!" he exclaimed. For science then. Yes, he would create the cure for science. Even if Cian came to him begging and crying, he wouldn't let him have it. He deserved that for those insults. That's what Layland told himself anyway.