View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-27-2017, 05:59 PM

The office was alight with conversation. As soon as Nathan entered, his ears caught the thread of three different conversations. A new guy. That was what they all talked about and as Nathan neared Angie and Pristine's adjacent desks, he learned that whoever this guy was, he didn't come straight out of college. A man with years. Nathan's signature smile spread across his face as he flipped back a few longer strands of his oaky colored hair with far more drama than necessary. "What's the schedule for today?" he asked as he slid into his cubicle toward the back right side of the office. His cubicle mate, Henry, leaned his head over the low wall.

"Paper, desk. Read." With that, he dropped back down and the sound of fingers flying across a keyboard filled the silence. Nathan wouldn't let it go at that though. He stood, leaning both arms against the cubicle wall so he could grin down at the blonde man who was probably in his late twenties. Not that he ever gave Nathan any real information. Would that stop him though? Nope. "Aren't you curious about the new guy though. I hope he's built like a firefighter. Someone where will finally want to go out with me then!" Henry snorted, lifting one eyebrow in response. Nathan just leaned into the other man's cubicle space though, twirling a pencil there will a slow and deliberate motion, flashing another smile. "Since you keep telling me no, Mr Sexy."

Henry slapped his hand away, though without any real violence. After every day of this, he accepted it in a way. Nathan just did not know how to act serious in moments like this. "Maybe you should amend your type to actually include people who are gay."

Sighing, Nathan sat back in his seat. He knew his friend was right, but this in itself--the chase of impossible things--was fun. "Anyway, there's a chance he might be in our grouping since Yerin left and her cubicle is empty," he added, indicating the empty cubicle opposite of theirs. "Or maybe the closed office down the hall? There's Patrick's or the cubicles across it for the editing team. What's this guy do anyway...? If he's a reporter, he'll be in the office for sure, but I hope he get's Yerin's...." Sighing again, he grabbed the paper's already waiting on his desk, submitting himself to the fact that he wouldn't know for sure until the new guy actually showed up and delighted them all.