Thread: Departure Time
View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-07-2017, 01:42 PM

Mira was silent, but Viridis led the donkey to the door, he moved to stand near her. Coming close to the donkey and petting it softly, as he watched Viridis and Veldrin make their decision. He could offer no opinion on these matters, because he really didn't know anything.

Veldrin watched the slave approach the donkey and girl before he made his way slowly toward them. Even now, his stride was precise, almost predatory in how silent and fluid his movements were. He held a lethal grace about him, one that was natural. Veldrin eyed the donkey for a moment and then gave a slight shrug.

"You could always camp a bit outside of the town, and I could venture in for supplies and other things I am in need of." He would just have to make sure to pick the camp spot for them if they agreed. It would need to be far enough away from the town that no one stumbled upon them accidentally, yet still close enough so that he could get there and back fairly quickly. "Give me a list of the supplies you need and I could procure them for you."

Sensible but safe is what he was going for. Of course Viridis had no real reason to trust him, only to trust that what she was paying him was enough to keep him loyal to their cause. Truthfully Veldrin might have done it for free, he knew the pain of slavery far to well. Still taking into account that he was a mercenary and that the fee for returning Mira might be substantial, he wondered if Viridis would actually trust him to go into town alone. To not betray them to the highest bidder when he did go to town.