View Single Post
K-chan10307
Resident Nom-er >:D
Send a message via MSN to K-chan10307

Old 07-03-2014, 12:14 AM

He was near the breaking point. His anger had boiled over. “That’s it,” Matthew growled. He grabbed Melanie’s arm and dragged her over. “I was going to wait like they told me to, but you…you just had to go to China. Had to go digging up buried secrets. Well now, no more waiting.” Melanie struggled against him, but his rage had given his strength a boost. Matthew put both hands on either side of Melanie’s head, bringing their faces close, forcing her to look into his eyes.

The anger that was only palpable through energy emission suddenly started flowing through her. His emotions made his memories even stronger and that bubble that she wanted to burst before was just so close. In her fear of this new hostile situation, she pushed against it. The bubble popped and the secrets came roaring into her head. She saw a leopard with grey eyes. It jumped at her. Melanie tried to jerk back. She knew that it wasn’t real. It couldn’t be real! Matthew refused to let go. “Oh no, you’re not holding back from me now.”

“You were with me in Indonesia,” she realized. He was following her even then.

“Oh, don’t flatter yourself,” he snarled. “I wasn’t there for you then. It was all going according to plan. Finish taking your pictures and be back in America. I would have picked you up and that would have been the end of it. But no, you had to go to China. Had to find your roots.”

Matthew’s green eyes became grey, resembling the leopards she had studied on her trip to Southeast Asia. She was linked to him mentally, seeing what he saw. His vision had changed—seeing heat now instead of just colors. Suddenly the smells of the forest became so much more acute. The hidden memories flashed over to her. Her eyes flashed amber, glowing as she lived the part of his life that he had hidden from her.

“You chose leopard? Wise choice. We’ll begin altering your DNA immediately.” Finally, he would be powerful enough to go alone on his missions. He would have the skills of the majestic cats. His strength would increase tenfold.

“You signed up for the pairing experiment! Read the fine print, of course your abilities are muted!” He had knocked over many computers and lab tables upon finding out. “We had to see if pair bonding specimens would make their abilities stronger. Eventually we’ll roll it out to see if pair bonded couples with abilities can deliver special offspring.”

“You mean I go through all your bullsh-t to find out that all I’ve worked for depends on if some girl decides I’m cute?!”

“She’s evaded capture for a very long time. You bring her back and we will train her to be the perfect killer with you. You’ll train her yourself. She’s your catalyst. We pair bond you and you get everything you’ve ever wanted.”

He was tired of their crap. He would find her, train her, and use her to get his powers. Then he would leave them, doing what he wanted, and take their prized experiment with him. No more running around like a lapdog. They would be perfect assassins, getting top dollar for their kills.

“They didn’t know how strong you really were, Rose.” A laugh bubbled up. It was sinister. For a moment, Melanie swore she saw his face shift into that of a leopard for a second. His body visibly changed. His muscles expanded and his gripped tightened, adding a very strong physical pain to the mental. His rage was no longer controlled, it was animal. She felt nails like claws digging into her skin. Blood trickled down the side of her head.

“Please stop,” she whimpered.

“You were so strong. You could have been my perfect companion. We would have been glorious, but you’re so fu cking afraid of your own goddamn shadow. But guess what babe, I don’t need you anymore. Sucks though, you were pretty cute. But so fu cking weak.” He tossed her to the ground as if she weighed nothing.

The impact with the ground knocked the wind out of her. Melanie tried to breathe but her head hurt so much. Matthew walked to her and landed a swift kick to her gut. “Now look at you. You’re nothing.” She knew his thoughts. They were connected completely now, after that ordeal. He hated that even in his final transformation, he was so weak that he needed her. He hated her for being so weak. “They needed you,” he hissed at her. “And I fuc king suffered because of it.”