View Single Post
harakun
At Your Service

Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 AM

Matthew chuckled. "Well, tell me if you need time alone to catch some human warmth along the way," he said as he turned his attention back to his brother in the other line. That sounded... weird. Was he all right? As worry washed over his features, the brown-haired male cast his gaze down and brought the phone closer to his cheek. "Hey, Yuu? You all right?" The male glanced up at Bran and raised his free hand a bit, a silent sign that he just needed a few minutes of silence so he could talk to his brother.

"Hah?" The younger of the two asked. It was only then that he noticed the way his voice was shaking. "Oh. Ah..." He trailed off to peer through the side of the door. When he saw Edgar looking his way, he blinked and broke out into a sheepish grin. "Sorry about that, Edgar," he told him, "I'll, uh, go to my room now." Waving his free hand a bit at his companion, he quickly made his way to his room, shut the door and slid down to crouch, and calm his heart. He wasn't just nervous, he noticed; he was... afraid, and fascinated all at the same time.

Weird.

"Is Edgar there with you?"

The voice of his brother snapped Yuuichi back to reality. The question took a while to register, but when it did, he immediately laughed nervously. "Wha-no, no, no!" He stopped and then frowned. "Wait. I mean, yeah. He's here. Everything's fine-"

"Your voice is shaking, Yuu."

Matthew's calm voice in the other line made Yuuichi's lips purse together. "It's all right. I just learned about it too a while ago from Bran." The older of the two brothers leaned forward to rest his elbow on the table. As he moved his gaze back to meet Bran's own, he smiled a little before he'd continued on. "Let's talk about it later. For now, try and get some sleep. Your shift tomorrow's still in the afternoon, right?" When he'd heard a murmur in the other line, Matthew uttered a short, "Good night, Yuuichi," before he'd ended the call. He made sure to wipe the screen before he'd held it out to Bran.

"Looks like Yuuichi's found out about Edgar's other personality. I wonder what he did to find out about it..." While he said this out aloud, he reached out for his drink, tilted it a bit to the side, and then brought it up to his lips, seemingly lost in thought.