View Single Post
jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-25-2014, 01:41 PM

I'm thrilled at more positive responses to the items chosen. I'll tell you the biggest problem here, it's that the items which would most benefit from recolours, are the ones that aren't ever going to get done.

This being because they're old, and the pixeling is not up to current standards. There are much older sets that only come in two or three colours, but the pixels are shoddy so they're not being touched. Also, there was the fact that most commons are fairly event/time of year specific, so a lot of the time a new colourway isn't going to make something look suitable for Spring, it's still going to be a winter garment or whatever.

Then there's the issue (which could well be just my personal issue) of do you recolour every part of the set, or not? I did all items of the Valentina/tino set. This was another reason for choosing this set in particular, all the pieces were good items that would benefit from coming in more shades.

Part of me absolutely wants to cherrypick suitable individual items from older sets; a shirt here, a pair of shoes there, and so on. But I'm so very aware of the future confusion and awkward questions that could arise from that, about why is just X item from a set available in 20 colours, when the rest of it only comes in 8, you know?

All in all, there's not as much choice for recolours as you might think.