View Single Post
Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 AM

Sarah sat on one of few benches in the staff changing room, staring at her opened locker. Inside was her uniform and belt of everything she would need here at the World's Diverse Museum of History--her flashlight, leather stick in case she had to really hit anything (which she never had to), and her walky-talky to keep in touch with the other night guards. Customers were still viewing exhibits and the sun hadn't even set yet. It was a sleepless night that had drove Sarah to work early. Large bags hung under her eyes, but she was somehow wide awake.

Just then, the museum owner and manager, Mr. Winston, walked in quickly, grabbing something off of the desk far off to the right. When he noticed Sarah, he froze. "Well you're here early, I dare say," he said with shock as he froze.

Sarah turned her head around and looked up at him with a blank face. Right then, Mr. Winston saw it. He sighed and relaxed his stance. "Didn't get much sleep again?" he asked in a non-professionally kind and concerned voice.

Sarah shook her head. "My neighbors were at it again," she grumbled.

Mr. Winston looked at the door and then to Sarah. "Well I wish the best of luck that work tonight will help relax you enough for sleep afterwords, but I'd better be on my way to get the customers gone. Five minutes before closing time and we're still packed. Such bad manors," Mr. Winston said as he looked at his pocket watch and then stalked off, shaking his head.