Thread: Heat & Rust
View Single Post
Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-28-2017, 05:01 PM

Chance chuckled at the words spoken to him. He wasn't trying to be convincing, far from it, he was only trying to use his common sense even if he lacked it in his own personal decisions. Though a true smile was not far from his face as Erwan admitted that he had won, he felt as if that was something very rare for the older male to admit. "That it would be. Least you want to deal with her." he teased as he jerked his thumb to the white furred dragon, earning himself a small whack with her tail, which only caused him to laugh.

As he worked, he spoke with Laila through their mental bond, not thinking on what the other two were doing while they were away. He had not shared anything of major value with them other than himself and his dear dragon. He did not feel as if the dragon guards would betray him or run off to only come back to bring the whole guard back to kill everyone here and take them captive.

"Hmmm....I know Laila, but they could bring the whole guard down upon us right now if they wanted to do so." he thought to her as he continued to work. A small sigh escaped, shoulders slumping as his weariness seemed to only grow with each passing moment.

"Chance....the heat is different for all of us. I do not think they hate you and would do that. From what I can tell they mean well." Laila huffed to him while she rubbed her cheek against his back in an affectionate manner. She spread her feather wings to shade him even further from the sun, wrapping her tail around his waist to keep him steady on his feet.

"Yes, but they had no real choice with the heat upon all of us. They don't exactly like me either. I mean I really do like them and I would rather wish they were on our side. We both know that will not happen with how stubborn they seem to be." he sighed mentally as he dressed the wounds on a young boy who was missing an arm.

"None of us can choose who we mate with during the heat. Well I mean we sort of can but still not really so. I rather like both those male dragons myself. They will father great eggs, although the red one is rather large and could probably really injure me if he is not careful. That is not the point here! We are talking about your growing infatuation with the human males. It has only been half a day since you met them. Do you really think that it is healthy to let your heart feel this way?" she asked him gently as she prodded him into thinking about it.

Chance gently nudge her head out of his way as he moved on to the next patient, letting her words sink as he thought on why he was becoming more taken with Hayden and Erwan the more time he spent with them both. Sure, they had spent a wonderfully intimate moment with each other, though it had not lasted as long as he liked as they had come to their senses. He would not mind a repeat of that incident as it was a very hot and steamy moment that he thought was worth repeating, multiple times. He gave a small groan as he rubbed at his face, losing himself as best he could in his work.

As the day grew later, his mind kept going over what they had done earlier even as he worked. He didn't notice when and if they had come back to check on him, sighing heavily once more as he tried his best to focus on what he was doing and not what he wanted to do at the moment.