View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 AM

Ryek hadn't even looked at Aurelio when he came in with the snack. If the boy hadn't left quickly enough, Ryek would have sent him scurrying with a stern word or two, but he was a smart boy and he knew better. Ryek licked his lips and turned from the crewless captain to the food that had been brought to him. His eyes strayed to the piece of paper and he picked it up. It wouldn't have been there if it weren't important. He glanced over the note and growled lightly, then turned back to the other man. Without a hint of the annoyance and anger he was feeling. "Really I'm just curious as to what your name is. It is polite and customary for pirate captains to introduce themselves to one another. At least. I think it is." Ryek shrugged, and waved his hand slightly, as if to dismiss the matter of names altogether.

"My price isn't a very hefty one. I've heard stories of a black ship and a black mist, I am not an idiot. I'm far smarter than most pirates ought to be. You do terrible things, your ship makes noises as if she were alive, and for all I know she very well may be.." Ryek paused long enough to pick up a piece of fruit and pop it into his mouth. "I'll give you half my crew, in return I ask only that you never steal from me, never try to sink me, never try to harm anyone I take under my protection, and if we are ever near each other and my ship is in danger, I expect you to save her, even if I myself cannot be saved. Of course, I would not ask you of these things, if I didn't intend on acting the same way. Sometimes, a pirate needs another friend in the water. We often don't live as long as I if we surround ourselves with enemies, and I think you would prove to be a very dangerous enemy."

Of course Ryek knew he probably couldn't truly trust this man. He expected the fellow would say anything to get a crew on his ship. He curled his fingers around the note Belle had left him, his other hand he extended toward Talon. "Do we have ourselves an agreement?" Still, it was probably foolish, but Ryek would trust this man until given a reason not to.