View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-10-2015, 07:02 PM

Tom finished combing his hair as he looked at himself in the mirror of the bathroom. Daisy was in the other bathroom, "changing", though she'd been doing that for the past half hour! Tom groaned... Why did women always take sooo long to get ready? He didn't let his disdain show, instead he adjusted his smile and sang out,

"Daisy! Dinner is in a little while. When will you be ready?" He called, there was a muffled response coming from behind the closed door of the other bathroom that Tom couldn't quite make out. He sighed, "Do you need any help in here?" He yelled as he poked his head out from the bathroom he was in. The response he got was much louder and very clear,

"NO!!"

He chuckled. Daisy was always so funny, even when she didn't mean to be.

Time passed and Daisy was still in the bathroom. Tom paced outside in the living room, waiting for her to suddenly emerge and be ready and dressed. Minutes passed, still nothing, not even a sound came from behind the door, then minutes more passed, still nothing. Tom gently tapped on the door, "Daisy?" He asked, "Are you okay in there?"

Daisy slowly opened the door with pink eyes. She was partially wearing a lovely black laced dress. Partially, though, as it would only zip up halfway. Tom looked at Daisy in awe, she was beautiful. Daisy was embarrassed, she hadn't worn this dress in over five years. It was hand sewn by her aunt, a seamstress who made her this dress five years ago for prom. She ended up not wearing the dress to prom because she ended up not even going. The dress meant a lot to Daisy, she looked forward to wearing it for a special occasion now, but, she was horrified to discover that she couldn't even zip the dress up all the way.

Daisy stared at her feet and sniffed. She mumbled, "I-I don't think I'm going to dinner today."

Tom looked bewildered. "Daisy! This is a very important dinner. And while no one is forcing you to attend, it would mean so much to me if you went."

"...I-I-I..." Daisy began, but her anxiety stopped her from forming coherent sentences. She tried to spit out, yell out, scream out, I can't fucking zip up my stupid dress! But she ended up just staring at her feet with her mouth snapped tightly shut. She turned around so Tom Could get a glimpse of her bare back showing where the zipper had stopped.

Tom looked at her back and smiled. "That's no problem, Daisy!" He reached out and put a hand on Daisy's waist and another hand on Daisy's zipper and he yanked. Daisy gasped, not expecting him to try to help her with the zipper. She immediately wiggled out of his hold and turned around to face him,

"No, Tom! I can't zip it, I'm too fat. I just won't go."

"That's nonsense, Daisy! Here, I'll call the butler, I'm sure they will know what to do."

"No, Tom!"

"Daisy, please. It would mean so much to me if you went. Don't worry, we can fix your dress, or even get you a new one entirely-"

"I don't WANT a new dress! If I can't wear this one, then I'm NOT going!" Daisy screamed as Tom went to the phone and pressed the button for their butler. "And I told you, I do not want the butler here!"

No sooner than five minutes into their arguing, did their butler arrive.

"Greetings." The butler said. "What is it that you need?" He had a very thick Scottish accent as he spoke that sauced over his words.

"What is your name, friend?" Tom asked. Daisy huffed and stormed away immediately,meeting incredibly anxious to have another strange man in her private space.

"Barlow, Sir." The butler smiled and bowed. "At your service."

Tom came in close to him and whispered under his breath to Mr. Barlow, "Now, Mr. Barlow, can you fix a dress?"

Barlow smiled, "You're in luck, Sir! You're looking at one of the best tailors on this ship!"

Tom smiled. "Good!" He clapped. Then he called to Daisy, "Daisy! Daisy, please come out! Mr. Barlow can fix your dress!"

Daisy didn't come out right away. Minutes passed and Tom apologized to Mr. Barlow.
Just as Tom began to excuse Mr. Barlow, Daisy emerged from where she was hiding, embarrassment on her face, still, she slowly approached Tom and Mr. Barlow.

"Can you... Can you just make it fit?" She asked.

Last edited by Kory; 05-11-2015 at 01:49 AM..