View Single Post
Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 PM

Happy Birthday Goblin!!!!!!! I love revisiting my old writing! It sparks my imagination and I get to see how far I have gone in my writing style ^_^ Are you enjoying yourself today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelweny View Post
I am so over-protective of my original stories.

I'm personally not fond of writing or sometimes even reading drabbles or prompt-based stories. Reminds me too much of High School and having to fit into someone else's expectations or requirements. They're good for practice I suppose... therefore they have their use and place... I just don't care for them. Occasionally one will surprise me, which is cool.

I write what I can, when I can. It's most frustrating for me when I have a roleplay character (I have tons of breedables pets on Gaia for whom this is true) wanting time but either they're not in a roleplay or the one(s) they're in is stagnant. Part of that I think is what tailspined me into my last huge writer's block. Not the only factor by a long shot, but a prominent variable for sure.

Conversations I think are hard for many writers to do believably. I know they're my greatest weakness in writing. Probably because I fail with communication on a whole. :laughs: It's a family failing.
Thankfully, I didn't have that in HS or I would have flunked :P I only like them as a writing exercise unless a really, really good one comes along that sparks my imagination!

And I'm with you on conversations.....I suck. A conversation that should only take a minute can take almost 5 to read! Although I'm reading some books by an author I really like and I'm trying to learn from him how to write them so no one goes to sleep during my story :P