View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2018, 09:20 PM

As the two men continued to speak, Mica's eyes narrowed, his full lips pulling into a tight line. She could tell even before Daniel looked at her with something like resentment that she was not welcome. It made her want to force her way in anyway because hell if being told no wasn't the best way to encourage her. Without thinking about it, she stepped closer to the desk to insert herself into the conversation without saying a single word.

"Well that's great. I look forward to working with a veteran partner and all," she added, just a little cheeky before she took a seat herself. Leaning over to look at the contents of the manilla folder, she fell silent again though. The images of young people overdosed on drugs The Falcone supposedly made and distributed, bodies tossed aside like that, and not a single face behind bars to go with it. She swallowed hard. Mica could talk tough with the best of them, but this...this really was the big kid show.

Finally, she turned her gaze to meet Daniel's. "You think I'm a weak link too, huh? But I'll prove you wrong. I promise you that," she murmured back, conviction shining in her eyes. She tapped the folder, turning her attention back to the case again. "What's been your tactic? Try to catch them on the big stuff, take out the leader, bury them in legal action? If I'm going to work with you, I want to know everything."