View Single Post
SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-25-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustywebs View Post
haha Ya I know you do. I just find it interesting every time I wake up!

Very interesting. Will power is a very strong thing. - Completely derailing from the fasting. My boss is Muslim and chatting with him. One thing he found most interesting is how much the number 19 appears in the Quran; as well as all the scientific facts. Like there is one verse that after you do some calculations, it gives the exact distance of something in space. (I don't remember what exactly, I think earths distance to the sun). but the people of the time it was written would have had no idea on how to calculate that. Region is a very interesting subject!

Well I wish I could chat more, but I am off to the families house for the rest of the day. Enjoy yourself today SZP!

---------- Post added 12-25-2013 at 08:12 AM ----------

Yay! No favoritism though!
I think it's the golden ratio you're talking about... I think. It's 1.62 when rounded off. Anyway, when you measure from your feet to your hips and then from your hips to your head, take those two amounts and work them out as a ratio, you get the golden ration. It's the same with the sun and moon distance. Also, you know the Kabah? It's the big black square building in Mecca, maybe you've seen a picture of it. Well, if you take it's location the planet and work out a ratio with regards to the two hemispheres you get the golden ratio again! How would people have known that, eh? It's all so fascinating! The Quran even talks about an embryo in the womb!

Sigh, have an awesome Christmas Dusty! Enjoy your family time

Awww, not even a little favouritism?

---------- Post added 12-25-2013 at 05:39 PM ----------

hilarbees: So you learnt how to ping now

What do you celebrate?