Thread: Stuck together
View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 07-08-2012, 01:01 PM

She made a show of sitting down at the base of a tree with relief. It had been awhile since she had been out hiking so it was kinda nice to take a break. But kinda nice didn't mean she didn't have it in her to keep going. The concern in his voice when he offered to look her over surprised her. Looking back up at him, she said, "It is okay. I'm sure it is no big deal. Just a moment will do for me." In truth she didn't want him to examine her and see she wasn't hurt beyond the bruise. Though it sure was bothering her. That wasn't entirely true. A part of her really wanted him closer to her, and that mustn't happen. She had to stay logical and her emotions going haywire would ruin that.

His memories brought back her own of gym class. "I remember gym. I didn't like the arrogant attitudes of some of the boys. They figured they were all that and such. If they wanted me on their team, it was a bit fun to say no." She held back from commenting on how much he had meant to her. That was old news. History. The past. He had chosen others in place of her when she had wanted him the most. She wouldn't make the mistake again. Looking up through the trees, she made out some dark clouds. Weather sure could change fast. Perhaps resting was a mistake.

"Well, the break helped a lot. We better get moving." She put a little extra fake cheer into her voice. Rapidly standing, she picked up her pole and bundle and walked over to him. "Come on." She would keep an eye out for a thick pine tree or a cave along the way. Hopefully he didn't notice anything amiss. They could possibly get some good distance in if they kept moving. There had to be some sort of shelter in that time frame.