View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-10-2015, 05:02 PM

Marwolaeth forgot about Pinkie nearly as soon as she slammed shut the doors behind her. Yet, he did linger in her thought for a brief moment more which was a lot more than most people got. Annoying brat, that's what he was. At this point, the idea that he could even consider to attempt to date her didn't occur to her. Well, alright, she knew every man's (with correct orientation) eyes lingered on her curves and challenging smirk, and many desired to have her, to claim her, but that this nutjob would plan to something like that... It was too ludicrous to cross her mind. Besides, they always failed anyway, because she was not an item to be claimed. No, time when she was an object was long since gone and now the only one that mattered in her life was herself. The rest simply blinked into her life to be destroyed or forgotten.

Her room was small, for she was only one living here, it had been a fight with the council that of course she won, same about having the walls repainted to darker emerald and forest greens, with dark red accents. Oh, yes, she liked her dark colors, like to shine among them. Turning music up, she took a quick shower and sat some time at the desk, sketching. Her music varied from old pop songs, to eclectic techno music no human (or her) ear could truly appreciate, and a lot of it was various heavy rock and metal songs from all ages and times. Finally satisfied with her achievements for the day, Marwo changed in her nightclothes and went to dreamland.

Long ago, she had learned technique to shut down her consciousness to the point she had no dreams as soon as she willed herself to. It was a must to have any sleep, to avoid nightmares plaguing her to the point she became a mere shadow of herself. But not even her past was her queen, only she herself was. Unfortunately, getting herself to wake up was a much harder process... Groaning, she hit the alarm clock ringing obnoxiously. "Five more bloody minutes." But the clock didn't care, it knew it could very well become 60 minutes. So, the noise didn't stop and she reached... reached and just rolled out of her bed, because the clock was on the desk, not by her bed. Groaning, Marwo got up, stretched and yawned in utterly cat like manner and began her morning routine. Once the webs of sleep were shaken of, she was a quick moved, preparing in less than hour, makeup and everything.

Humming along to metal song, she opened her doors and - surprise, surprise! - pink haired man fell backwards in her room. Perfectly arched eyebrows shot up as she stared down at him and then nudged with her high heel leather boot certainly not kindly. "It's time for you to get up, up and away," Marwo told with a smirk. Today, her hair was pulled in careless side ponytail, tank top in blood red color under leather vest and skin tight black jeans that went right in the leather boots. Certainly a sight to wake up to, if he had been asleep.

Once Cain was out of her room, either literally kicked out or moved out himself, she, one hand propped on her hip, stared down at him. "If I catch you at my door one more time, I will haul your skinny ass straight to the council princess. She'll probably rise her voice a bit, shocking her fan club, and kick you out of the uni, or at least the dorms. Just so you know!" And with that, she walked away as if the corridor belonged to her, a bag swung over her shoulder. (The people in corridor split up, giving her passage, as if she really did own the place, too, though.)

Mae had only herself to blame. Caught up in the conversation with Silvana, she hadn't been paying close enough attention to time and here they were now, rushing to new student's first class at the new university. And what's even worse, she was just seconds too slow to get to the door first, not checking if anyone else was heading for them. When her hand bumped into much darker one, her heart jumped - surely out of surprise - and her eyes flew up to his face. There was a feral look shifting in his blue eyes, even whole face, before it was swept away, quicker and more suddenly that she pulled her hand away.

Then, she recovered (Goddess, how long had she been standing there like a fool) and rushed through the doors, the witch with slight smile on her lips, following quickly behind. It was moments after that Saith rushed to open next doors for them and both women nodded quiet thanks to the man. "It seems like a... Mixed bag, so far," Silvana admitted, but with smile, "I do look forward to delving deeper into its contents, however." Her last words were nearly lost in the murmuring and noise inside the building and the group was suddenly pushed closer together, Saith's hand touching Mae who stiffened a little. What was with him and ignoring personal space??

"Same to you!" Silvana wished the strange man, strangely mischievous spark in her eyes. When the two women finally reached the classroom and the crowd was dissipating some, the two exchanged few more words. "Are all men weirdos, asses or mix of both here?" she inquired, making Lacrimae sigh softly. In a sudden flash of honestly, she replied: "Oh, don't even get me started." Both exchanged sympathetic looks and Silvana nodded, saying that it men in general usually fell only in such categories. With laugh, they bid good byes, feeling that perhaps a good friendship could be beginning to form here.

Silvana entered the class, feeling a lot of eyes on her, and moved to the middle of the auditory since back was, of course, filled by all those that hopped to snooze or chat through this boring class, and front was filled with either half-blind or sucker-ups. Her broom loyally followed her, settling down under the chairs. The professor entered, a man in his middle years, with distant and uncaring look in his eyes. He looked over the students and didn't stretch the intro long, talking about how lore was an important part of history and how important it was to discern truth from myth. The word 'important' swam up few more times and some students openly rolled their eyes.

As an introduction class, the professor chose The Great War of Dividing, particularly focusing on some of its best and worst heroes. Not even 5 minutes in, a tanned hand shot up. "Yes, miss...?" he asked with quirked eyebrow. "Stregheria. Silvana Stregheria."

"Ah, I do not have you in my list," the professor concluded after skimming the student list. "It is because I was flash-transferred to this university as part of exchange program from Medeis ex Natura university," she kindly explained and smirk tugged at professor's mouth and some students began whispering and snickering.

"Ah, from that self-acclaimed house of knowledge, I see, I see. Hopefully, you will see what true knowledge and enlightenment is, Miss Stregheria." Students snickered even louder now, but Silvana seemed unphased: "My university is good thousand years older than IGCTA and its taught subjects are so different in many ways they can be hardly compared." "Well, years mean absolutely nothing in some cases, only truth does... But what is it you wished to ask?"

"I did not want to ask anything, I merely wished to point out that Herleana the Black Feather did not betray the people that were not even hers at the end, as your version portrays. Instead, she left the Dark Mage, destroyer of Faith, to be judged and executed by the nation, although she had rights to kill him then and there. It was the Sword Bearer that razed the fields of war, erasing thousands of lives, both his side and the others. Black Feather tried to stop him, but using Orbs he turned her into a statue that resided in Hall of..."

"I do not know where you have found such clearly wrong information, but every book clearly states that Herleana, consumed by her hate towards human, used the orbs..." Professor was clearly frowning now.

"The Sword Bearer tried to put the blame on her, so explaining her disappearance, but at the time, the people saw through his tricks. Yet, the pages of chronicles that noted this were lost, as it is know, and only told of events up to his lies." At this, the professor silenced her and continued with the lesson, only to be interrupted again and again by Silvana. The other students were either amused or angered by this, but so far no one had fallen asleep. Perhaps it was due to the calm, but passion treaded way new student told of these past events, that they seemingly came alive before listener's eyes. Finally, the professor had enough.

"I have taught this subject for 20 years in this prestigious. ancient university and I will not allow myself to be ridiculed!" He was getting red by now, but Silvana remained composed. "You said it yourself that years mean nothing, only truth does."

"FINE! If you feel you know more about the subject more than I do, then teach this class!" he finally spat. Silvana smiled brightly at this: "As you wish, professor." She nearly floated down to the front of auditory, broom following her as the professor retreated to his desk and sat down. What followed next was literally magical story evolving before the eyes of students. The events came to life, like a movie, drawing in, as the witch told it with emotional tones, not a dry fact collage, and the people of times more ancient than anyone here could truly comprehend suddenly gained life and more dimensions, becoming close and understandable in their faults, mistakes, rare joys and despairs. And if any did remain nonchalant, then good deal groaned, disappointed when the bell rang and professor dismissed the class. His look clearly said this was not over, but it didn't seem Silvana truly cared.

She walked out in the corridor and stood by the window, checking her schedule and trying to figure out where she was to go next, because truth be told, the school was still quite confusing.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~