View Single Post
2Femme
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-18-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniCalifornia View Post

Also I'm not sure if this is allowed, but my friend is actually just starting up a blog dedicated to MOGAI fantasy and Sci fi novels. Its Mogaireads on tumblr, though there's only two posts at the moment as it only started a couple weeks ago. Check it out if you want (and sorry if I'm breaking any rules by plugging a friend)
That's super rad, I'll check it out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
@SeaSaltEyes- ahh! Stone Butch Blues is probably my absolute favorite book. also, i was totally gonna recommend luna as well...

but yeah, as for suggestions, Geography Club by brent hartinger is a good YA novel. i also really enjoyed Split Screen: Attack of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies by him, but again, it's pretty YA so it's been years since i read it. Whipping Girl by julia serano is a must-read. Trash by dorothy allison is a great collection of short stories. for non-fiction, Kate Bornstein and Matt Kailey are some of my favorite authors, and i hear Redefining Realness by janet mock is very good. also, Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity by mattilda bernstein remains one of my favorite short story/essay anthologies. it's cool because it has queer essays, but also essays relating to race and kink and basically a bunch of intersections.
Whipping Girl is great, I actually got to meet Julia, they are an amazing human!! <3

And that last one sounds super great, I'll look into it! Thanks~! :)