View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 AM

((:boogie: Every time I see that there's a reply for this thread, I just get so excited. *laugh* I think I found a new favorite. . . .))

Fenris stood and nudged Laiden out of the way with his foot. When the boy was sitting off to the side, a sigh escaped the tall male's lips. He pulled the broadsword up to rest beside the cot, and then the bag was pushed beneath it. Just as he was standing after completing the task, Codette approached.
"What?" he sneered upon hearing the first bit of what the woman was saying, "You don't appreciate-" He was cut off by Codette's continuation. Silence followed her gratitude, and the dark-skinned male narrowed his eyes and glared at her back as she knelt to stash some of her belongings away. The silence stretched on as the brooding male stood watching Codette for many moments.

Joseph silently watched as the two interacted, his pale features the picture of innocence. When Codette turned quickly away, he sent a weak smile up to Fenris (who prodded him with his foot in return). Laiden lowered his gaze again, watching as the woman across the room messed with maps and other supplies. He kept quiet when Fenris grumbled something and started toward the door. The male was gone within moments, and for once Laiden didn't follow him.

The youth thought for a moment before slowly standing. He was a few feet away from Codette within moments, his blue eyes following her hands as she gathered her things. Without speaking, he merely watched as she moved about to put things away.
Innocent as always, Laiden kept the "puppy" demeanor about him as he silently moved about to watch as Codette put everything away. Fenris had seen some reason to defend her. What reason was that?
Joseph had no clue that Fenris had merely been irritated with the shipmate that was trying to get lucky. Joseph chose to believe that Fenris had seen something in Codette worth protecting.