View Single Post
Staria
\(@O@)/

Penpal

Old 06-16-2013, 04:11 PM

((had to switch the character order for this post XD, Also I doubt anyone would want to but if anyone wants to be one of the therian 'pawns' warned in adela's post they would be welcome to. They could even really want to be her friend, she just assumes that every therian connected to the noble families are out for her line's power.))

Quote:
Iris 'Iri' Tien
Iri didn't understand what he meant about his race and how they felt. She also knew through experience that 'ela's mind being changed was near impossible. What she knew even better was how 'ela's cold attitude could deter people. She had tried many a time to press 'Ela about it and ask her why but somehow the wily therian always managed to distract the fairy from it all. still, her mind wasn't on the woman, but the elf. As he spoke that he should go she felt a bit of guilt and instantly had assumed it was her fault. She only hesitated long enough to give her friend a reproachful look and quickly stood. Within a moment she had chased after the elf and had her small hands around his wrists. She stood there with those big, teary, jade eyes focused on his with a silent plea.

"Please..... don't be mad. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. I just didn't want to get in the way.... it's so rare to see her chat like that. I'm sorry... I shouldn't give excuses, that makes it not a real apology... I'm really sorry if I made you mad. I don't' like anyone to be sad or mad." She nearly begged as she spoke. She knew that sometimes she could say things without realizing how people would feel. It wasn't that she didn't care... she did, very deeply. Hell, she was Adela's friend only because she'd seen her looking at a picture with such a sad look once and so much loneliness it broke the fay's gentle heart. She just didn't always understand the impact she would have. Many people said it was because she was so naive and so sheltered..... She had never been away from home before Hope Acadamy.

Iri was trying to learn but sometimes it was so hard. She had lots of friends but she always had a feeling they were trying to protect her just as her family had before now. She could only hope that in time she would learn... though she didn't think she'd understand the old fairy and old elves with their rather whimsical way of talking. She just wanted to make people happy though, so if she understood enough to do that it was enough. Smiles was what made her happy, always had.

Quote:
Adela Talonn
Adela simply waved good-bye to the elf, though she felt a small victory. She did not doubt the stout hearted soul would want to be involved if he saw a mess, he like Iri was just too nice. He couldn't help but want to stop evil she was sure, but she had no desire in involving innocents in her 'games'. The war may have ended but the therian courts brutality had if anything grown all the more dark and deadly. They could no longer let out their beasts aggression and hunger on the beings of light without consequence so now they were forced to attack each other. Adela preferred it that way.... let beasts destroy the other beasts and kind hearted folk like the fay stay out of it.

As Iri stood, however, she suppressed a sigh. Now that the game had started she would have to be more careful to keep others uninvolved. Still, she did trust the elf's sword arm well enough to have no problem letting Iri run off to him. Besides, she could doubted the Prince would stoop so low as to attack her non therian friends... he wasn't that desperate yet. And she had pushed the elf away well enough that the Prince would not think him a rival and do anything foolish either. All would go according to plan...... still she had to warn her therian pawns to stay sharp. He would attack them. None of the therians were friends with her out of caring but more fear she knew, but she still didn't want them dead.

She took out her cell phone and texted the various therians one simple sentence. 'The honeyed prince has come a courting'. It would be enough to let them know what would happen, every therian connected enough with the court to wish to be Adela's false friend knew who the honeyed prince was. He seduced women and men equally, often giving gifts of honey treats, then he ate them to gain their power. Oh he always managed to make it look good... as if they had fought and he had won properly but therian knew he was really just gathering power. So far he had mainly chosen the poor or nobles that were common enough that the court could look the other way.... Adela however, was a thorn in everyone's side for her refusal to accept a male's dominance so they would not bat an eyelash if he killed her she was sure. She was probably the one pureblood they would allow. She shook her head as she finished her text, such foolish gender based politics. Other races had been wise enough to abandon it... Oh well, she dared the males in the court to try and dominate her, their power could add to her own and keep her free.