View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 04-12-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavirne
Played By Xavirne, closed
My Name is Jackson "Spade" Remiel Narcissus, and I am 18 years old.
Within the town of Sunnydale, I am seen as senior in high school as well as a member of the Order, which is an important role within this story.
My heart leads me along the lines of life towards, no one for I am asexual, which may come into play as things unfold.
Hidden magic lies beneath the surface of this life, taking the form of illusions and magic tricks
There is something else you should know about me, I am naturally a raven but I dye my hair blond. I have two-tone eyes; one is green and the other is blue. However, I tend to were lavender contacts to hide this for most people tend to be scared when they see my differing irises.
✧✧✧✧

Personality:
Jack or as he likes to call himself, Spade, is a snake-like man. His eyes always cast a condescending look upon those he gazes upon. He's haughty and bitter, never letting another push him around. He's known to snap and bite, much like the snake people believe he is.

Jack keeps to himself or with his pack of equally cold friends. He's not afraid to kick you when you're down, but he's also not the type to go out of his way to hunt (hurt) you. He's arrogant and likes things to come to him. He prefers not to work unless necessary.

And god forbid someone challenge him to a fight.

He hates confrontation. He hates violence. And yet, if you were to go to the school library and look up "violent" in the dictionary, you would see his name in big, bold letters beside it. Just because he hates it doesn't mean he wouldn't kick you until you're an inch of death.

It is wise to stay off his bad side. If he does tell you to stop or knock it off, it is wise to obey. Unless you've got a thing for near-death experiences.

Biography:
There is really little to share about Jack. His parents are ghastly thin folks who are far too old to have such a young son. They never wanted a child and yet they got one. As such, he spends most of his time living with his uncle, the man who brought him into the Order.

Upon discovering that Jack had an uncanny connection with magic and illusions, his uncle called a meeting and demanded Jack be indoctrinated. All agreed, seeing the value in his powers. He could make the mind question the reality of things. So those shadows some claim to see? Or the ghosts they feel? Jack can go in and play with the mind. Make people question their sanity. It's all to help the Order stay hidden.

Having trained since he was five, Jack has 13 years worth of experience under his belt. It is safe to assume that he knows how to control his powers. It's also safe to assume that breaking from his mind manipulation is no easy feat.

Granted, despite all this, one must remember. Jack is lazy. He would really only use his powers to protect the Order and never for self-enjoyment.

Magic Abilities:
Jack is a master of manipulation, namely when it comes to illusions, tricks, and the mind. Ever since he was a kid, he was obsessed with magicians and magic. He was extremely good at it too. He would wow his peers and parents time and time again. Little did they know that his tricks were not tricks, but reality created through his ability to create illusions. The dove that flies from the hat? Oh does it look real! But it is merely just an illusion, a quick trick of the mind. His ability to always read or find your card? Well, it's a rigged game. To you, you see a full deck. To him, it's always a deck Jack of Spades.

To create these illusions, Jack enters the mind. Those under his illusions might feel a slight tingle or perhaps feel a headache. As they are not uncommon feelings, none question that they might be under a bit of mind control. Or rather, mind manipulation.

Now to manipulate the mind, Jack needs a few things. First, he cannot do it without his wand. As such, he always wears long sleeves and has an apparatus around his wrist that allows him to retract his wand whenever necessary. Jack also needs a clear line of sight on the one he's manipulating. If they turn around a corner, the illusion will fall. But it's not obvious! Oh no, Jack is a master of mind manipulation. When you do break his control, you'll suddenly feel dizzy. Your mind will see a haze. You'll recall little fragments of the illusion and you'll wonder if you were zoning or day dreaming.

But Jack's powers don't stop there. He is an illusionist after all! To make his victims see the unseen, he must have power over illusions. If he does lose his ability to manipulate the mind (this happens when his victim realizes that they are under his control and must force him out of their mind), he can fall back on his magic. And as such, he has a deck of cards that help him fulfill these duties. The deck is a mix of colors--red, blue, and yellow. If he truly believes in the heart of the cards, he'll draw what he needs most (though he might not always believe this).

If the card does not hit the target, the card disintegrates and nothing happens. Meaning, it is possible for nothing to happen. Because of this, he often throws 3 cards at a time over a wide range--though he does not have to. The cards are not always different. He could throw 2 blues and 1 red, 3 reds, 1 of each, etc. It varies completely.

His cards have a cooldown. He has 52 cards. For every 1 card he throws, he has a 30-second cooldown. He can throw no more than 3 cards at a time, meaning he has to wait 90 seconds before he can throw his next set of 3. As such, it is important that he draw the right combo of cards the first time. If he burns through is deck, he has to wait 52-minutes before his deck will reappear and be ready for use.

If he draws a red card, it's an offensive card. If hit with a red card, the victim takes physical damage. If hit in the arm, their arm will likely bruise or bleed. If hit in the leg, they'll probably fumble and have a hard time running. Although these might just look like magic cards, they are much more. Each red card has beveled edges, inflicting physical damage onto the victim.

If he draws a blue card, it's a defensive card. This card serves as an attack-blocker. Meaning, an enemy's powers are temporarily knocked offline. This only lasts for 5-seconds but that's just enough time to land a punch or escape.

If he draws a yellow card, it's a stun card. If hit with a yellow card, the victim is unable to move for 5-seconds. They are literally rooted where they stand. This allows Jack a chance to dish some serious damage. Or run away if things are getting a bit over his head.

✧✧✧✧

Let the music of my soul be heard in the form of Devil in the Mirror for all eternity.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 04-14-2016 at 06:38 PM..