View Single Post
Ms Unicorn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 PM

Hey, just finished chapter one. I love it. What a great idea to explore Tintin's origins, and treat us to some adventure and intrigue at the same time. And Muller has escaped! I love Doctor Muller, that ruthless villain.

The Thompsons were brilliant, putting their coats on inside out! That had me giggling; it's just like them to do something like that. And 'shepherds pie at the pub', wow, that just conjured up a real rural village feel, and I could totally see the Thompsons eating their dinner at the pub after work. Nice touch.

I really liked how you dealt with the question of Tintin's family and childhood. A 'blur' is the perfect description. His reaction to Mrs Bolt's questions just seemed so in character, somehow... And as for the Captain, you write him wonderfully. How sweet that he let his dinner go cold while he waited for Tintin. I like how you wrote him so strong and good in a fight. Perfectly Haddock :) Oh, and he offered Tintin cocoa to help settle him. Aw! Please, stop me before I have a fangirl moment.

The action scene was really compelling, seriously, I was on the edge of my seat. You have a particular knack for action scenes. Great work :)