View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 10-05-2015, 02:42 PM

"Well, it was very thoughtful of you," she told him with small smile, "besides, would I be wrong thinking those accusations against you happen to be false?" Her eyes in that moment were piercing and serious, as if she was not joking about Star Lord or CIA anymore, but talking about something much more important, but after next blink, the usual, more guarded and distanced look had returned.

"It is hardly that only they share your love for night, others merely enjoy it on occasion, not always... And even then there are exceptions, as my friend," she quickly rebuked Saith's attempt to be self-deprecating. The more she talked with him, the more it seemed like his constant self-defense mechanism, never malfunctioning. The realization made small crease settle between her golden brows as Mae looked at him sideways. When the conversation turned to comparison, however, young woman's cheeks flushed just slightly.

"This is not my office, it's for the whole student council and now for ball organizer volunteers as well...," she told Saith with deepened frown. Why did he have to stammer over that word so much, as if he regretted saying it? A rather clear indication his heart wasn't into it. Talk about mixed signals. But maybe he really did have some ulterior motive and felt like he was overdoing it or couldn't get into his role so easily. After all, she wasn't his type and all. (It wasn't that she had done a quick background check of him which accidentally included his past short-lived relationships. No, it wasn't so at all.) "So you can stop flattering me." Her tone came out more curt than she had intended. Ducking her head lower as if to peer into the papers, her hair shadowed her face much like softly golden curtain.

He interrupted the silence, turning to discuss her class and she looked at the drow, again frowning. "If I flunked a test because of you - because of anyone, really - the fault would be entirely mine for letting myself be distracted or not studying hard enough. Neither have ever happened, for any reasons, so, that would have had to be quite the show." She had meant to soften the blow as her tone had been still curt during first sentence, but as soon as the words left her lips, Mae regretted them. It sounded... like flirting? Vaguely? Maybe? By Sun, did she just make fool of herself, especially in front of man who couldn't even sincerely call her beautiful? And why was she so hung up on that fact?

"In any case, my class from 2 to 6 is a research practicum and today is debates for which I am thoroughly prepared, so, it's fine." Trying to get the conversation back on track, Lacrimae hurriedly added.