View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-07-2015, 12:41 PM

She seemed... apprehensive? Confused. Shocked. Surprised. Enthralled. Lacrimae was a whirl of emotions and Saith was drinking in every ounce of her--even the fleeting look of fear that left remnants of ghostly fragments in her eyes.

Ears drooping ever so slightly, drow leaned across table to grace her fair hands. "Stop worrying," he cooed. The sweet scent of honey still on his lips after having sampled the steak. "And have fun." Grin growing on his face, he fell back against his chair and laughed. "After all," a stern look replaced the grin, "we're working. And everyone knows you can't mix business and pleasure." As expected, his wink followed.

"As far as desserts go, I love everything strawberry." Although Mae went into no details about her preferences, Saith didn't shy away from telling the elf a bit of his backstory. "They were a delicacy at my house. My mother loved them dearly so he would always bring them home after his travels. I would maybe have them... four times a year. I know they're not expensive or anything but I do try not to overindulge. I..." he drew his lips tight and glanced away. "I don't want to wear them out. It's about all I have left of my parents."

Upon making the mood a tad too depressing, he shrugged sheepishly. "And I may have a sweet tooth. If I'm having coffee, it better have more cream and sugar than coffee. I know, I know," Saith held a hand up, "I should watch my figure." His white grin returned and brought back that handsome facial contrast. "Now my tea, I like it plain. No point in ruining something good."

"And as far as Wu Shu goes... HOW HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN THERE?!" His expressions matched his flailing arms. "I work there... part time... when needed. It is the best! Had you not declined my date," he narrowed his eyes to glare at her, "you would know that they have won--for the past 10 years--awards for having the best Asian cuisine. But no," he puffed out his chest and rolled his eyes, "someone had to politely decline my gesture." The tone he used was equally as sassy and over-dramatized as everything else was.

When her expression didn't change, drow rolled his eyes again. "You know," his elbow leaned on the table, "the offer is still on the table. I do still owe you for saving my life. If 50 years from now you want to take that offer, I'll make it happen. Unless I'm dead. Then I'll have Kev make a puppet of me and he'll narrate. He knows me," the drow blushed, "probably better than he should." His laugh was hesitant and forced. "'I'm shocked that the school paper this morning didn't say 'lovers.' We tend to give off that vibe." Hand on his heart, he batted his lashes. "I love him dearly. The little idiot that he is." He glanced over at Mae to see if she was enjoying his ridiculous antics. "You would actually like him, if you met him." His calm demeanor returned. There was a sweet sincerity to his voice. "Kev's very prim and proper. I would introduce you two but I wouldn't want to shoot myself in the foot. Your cultured mannerisms and his knightly ways... yeah, not sure this conning drow would stand a chance."

The way he tilted his head to her was more quizzical than cocky. As if Saith was reading her to see if she would indeed prefer Kevlar over himself. But before Mae could respond, Saith crossed his legs, cleared his throat, and gingerly draped arm against back of chair. With his cheek parallel to her, he spoke in a very peculiar accent (think British mafia). "But toots, who wants a suit of armor when you c--." He tried hard to fight it back but there was no containing it. Bursting into laughter Saith doubled over himself and tears started to swell in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was trying to come across as a one of those suited, cocky thugs but... I can't. It's just too... well, not me. I do look quite dapper in a suit but that accent and nose held high. Yeah, not my style. And I'm not about to change my lifestyle or flair to compete with pretty boys, heroes, or cultured thugs."

Feeling a bit award confessing as much as he did, Saith decided it was time for the next event! With quick steps, he moved to a laptop that was resting on the other desk. "I wanted your undivided attention for this, hence not playing it during the meal. These were some of the better sounding groups and DJs." Wiggling the mouse, the computer came alive. The computer's background was an image of forest. It was dark and thick fog was rolling in. Somewhere, behind the leaves of the tress, was the faint glow of the moon. "Took that myself," he said with grin. Pulling up a program, he turned the speakers up before a song started to play. It was nothing fancy but it was one of those more well known songs.

"Feel free to toggle through them while we work." Drow placed the remote in her hand and began to move away the empty dishes. As the meals were on disposable plates (they didn't look tacky and fake though!), they didn't need to worry about cleaning up too much.

With another glass of champagne, Saith shuffled over some of the paperwork. "We could probably crank these out in an hour or two if we put our heads together." Tapping a pen on his lip, drow looked at the clock. "And to make sure we stay awake, we should play a game. Truth or lie?" The corner of his lip curled up. "Or do you prefer truth or dare." He knew she would pick the first as, if she picked the latter, she would avoid the dares.

---------- Post added 10-07-2015 at 11:20 AM ----------

After leaving her side, Cain didn't return to it. He did have classes to attend and then homework to catch up on. Thankfully, his Friday was very open and he used that to his advantage. Slaving away from sun up to sun down, the Aussie was finally all caught up on his assignments. He even went the extra mile to put himself a week ahead (to some extent).

Flashing his eyes at the clock, he noted that it was getting late. Not too late but late enough that people would start flocking to parties and getting their social on. Not wanting to miss out on seeing his creature of interest interact within the night, the pinkie flipped into something casual and tugged on a tight jacket. Beanie on and sneaks' tied, he began the hunt.

Fengir, coming in handy as always, was able to detect her scent among the students. Not long after, he was stalking the shadows from a distance. Only, the more he did it, the more he realized he didn't have to. It was a Friday night. Kids went wild. They partied long and hard. And the best part? Very few cares who you partied with, especially if you were Marwo or, in Cain's case, a nobody.

"Heyo, Cain! Is that you? Aww snap, dawg, it is you." A voice caused the male's head to turn. Before he could even analyze who it was, arms were around him and tugging him away from the woman he wished to pursue.

"Uh, Casey... Finn, can this wait?" His brow curved in an inquiring manner. "I was busy."

"Hardly, dude!" The one named Casey exclaimed. "We got the test results back and they are killer. You will be so pumped!"

Instantly, a light bulb went off in Cain's head. He was no longer concerned with finding Marwo--he could hunt her down later. Right now, he had to see these results. He, Finn, and Casey had been working on some focus groups and research regarding human emotions. Vanishing with them, he wouldn't continue his hunt until early the next morning.

----

Glancing at his phone, the male jumped to his feet. "Shit," he bit his lip. "I gotta go." Grabbing up his gear, he flew out the door and had Fengir sniff her out again. It was harder now for the scent of smoke and liquor were alive in the air. There were other scents that Fengir also picked up and Cain could only smirk. "Ah yes, the decisions of hasty love based on intoxicating drugs and drinks that mess up the mind. So glad I don't have these issues," he chirped.

Eventually, around 1:45AM, he stumped upon the party she was at. Not wanting to go in--for there were too many half-naked drunks spinning around just begging to barf--he leaned patiently on a fence nearby. If Marwo ventured near a window, she would likely see his silhouette sitting out there, just begging to interfere with whatever plans she likely had made. Still, his presence remained unyielding and unwavering. He wouldn't leave even if she asked! Why? Well, the fine scholar and gentleman that he was wanted to walk her home and keep her safe!

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-07-2015 at 03:23 PM..