View Single Post
Narren7
: Dazed & Confused :

Old 04-11-2015, 09:02 PM

Sundays are notorious for dressed up church folks swarming the roads to get to & fro.
We go around a curve one Sunday morning to see a guy with his Harley wedged up on the guardrail.
He's holding a pretty big dog and desperately yelling for help.
All those "good" church people just went right on by. Some even sped up!
I can guarantee that if he'd been wearing a suit and not dressed like a "dirty biker" then they would have stopped.
We stopped. I got out then ran up the hill to the guy while my husband stayed at the truck with the hazards on to call 911.
We thought the poor guy had hit the dog and both were hurt. I hate seeing people or animals hurt..

Turned out the guy and his wife were out half heartedly looking for their dog on a weekend ride.
And they wasn't really expecting to actually find her when they did.
She'd been missing for days. His wife bailed so that he could speed off to catch their dog.
He'd jumped off his bike, grabbed his dog, and pulled off his belt for a make shift leash.
He'd got his dog & bike both out of the road, but then was stuck.
He couldn't move both without help. Big half ton bike, big dog, medium sized fella.
And his wife was about a mile or more up the road. His dog was really strong but sweet.
She seemed happy to follow me after I let her scent me.
I walked her down the hill for him so that he could get his bike to the wide spot where we parked.
And most importantly get clear and away from that dangerous curve.
I noticed the dog had quite a bit of fur missing and spots from what looked like buckshot peppering her side.
His wife whom had hopped off the bike so he could chase the dog down easier made it there a few minutes later.
She was super upset. One of their other neighbors had stopped her as she was walking down to talk to her.
Turns out that one of their direct neighbors had shot at their dog.
So it hopped their yards fence to get away from the raging, gun toting, dog hating, psychopath.
I really really hope that they pressed charges.
They live in a pretty upscale neighborhood, but I guess everywhere has that one unreasonable psycho neighbor. *SMH*

I think it's messed up that all those "good" church going people could drive by someone down on the ground..
At what looked like a wreck involving an animal, screaming for help, with tears in their eyes and just ignore it.

Last edited by Narren7; 04-11-2015 at 09:04 PM..