View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-03-2013, 06:10 AM

Masuyo didn’t even have time to blink. Everything seemed to be happening so quickly. One moment she was in front of the beast she had killed, pulling out her dagger when she heard movement in the distance. Next thing she knew there was a man in front or behind her or both then she was carried off to the edge of the city. Her head was spinning and ached though she couldn’t tell you if it was from moving so quickly or maybe from blood lose. Realizing the dagger was still in her hand she dropped it, staring at the blood for a moment.

The young woman was snapped back to the present by the man’s voice. Ignoring the pain and what felt like blood trickling down her leg she looked at the man as he spoke to her. She was unsure if the blood was her own or what had come for the beast she killed. He looked slightly familiar to her, but her mind could have been playing tricks on her. “Umm…thank you for saving me. I’m Masuyo.” So there had been more monsters like she thought.

Masuyo shifted a little uncomfortably. Dealing with new people was never one of her strong suits and after what just happened she was still having a little bit of a hard time processing things. Upon finally processing what the other woman had said she looked up at her. “It’s alright…I just,” before she could finish there was a roar and the other woman was running off.

She watched in amazement as the younger woman teleported and fought the beast. She didn’t even really notice the robot or boy who had come from where the facility was. “So the rumors about other experiments are true,” she half whispered to herself. A shooting pain in her leg reminded her once more about her injury. Reaching into a pouch that hung from her belt she pulled out a bandage to wrap her lower thigh and knee for the time being.

Still watching three near the quilled beast she slowly moved to lean against a rusted car. The woman wrapped her leg. “Ryker, was it? May I ask how you knew where I was?” Truly she wanted to know as she could have sworn there was no one nearby. “I mean, other than that pack of beasts there wasn’t anyone around. If there had been I would have known.” After asking her question she lowered her eyes slightly thinking it had been a silly one to ask. She somewhat expected to get a sarcastic answer about how she should be more observant or how it was stupid of her to be in such a place alone.

More roars came from the forest, it wouldn’t be long before the pack of three beasts would be upon the group. Taking a deep breath Masuyo calmed herself, readying to fight once again. Her only thoughts of being how she wasn’t going to let harm come to the people she just met and helped her. She scanned the area quickly for something she could use to help separate the monsters and make them easier to take down. A piece of old telephone line stretched out across the street and grass gave her an idea. “Help me. If we string this across where the beasts come out from we might be able to separate them so they are easier to take down.” She tugged on the cable, almost stumbling back when it came lose. The woman had a sheepish grin on her face as she tried not to laugh at how pathetic she must look at this very moment.