View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 01-06-2012, 03:54 AM

Watching the television as she flicked through the channels, Izzy was largely unaware of the others entering the jet, jumping when the bubbly girl asked her a question. "Oh, well, I'm Izzy," she answered, blinking a bit as she tried to process why someone would be smiling like the taller girl was. "It's nice to meet you too."

Then a boy came in and threw his stuff in the corner, obviously irritated at something. The station had landed on Nick Jr. when she jumped, but when the boy asked for MTV, she nodded, changing the channel quickly as he went about his business on his phone. Honestly, she didn't really like him, but she wasn't going to pick a fight or start anything stupid. There was really no point in creating a conflict.

Shortly after she flipped the channel over, another girl came in, this one going towards the back before pulling out a book and burying herself in it. Feeling that it would be best to get away from the boy before he got upset or something, Izzy wheeled herself after the last girl, silently hoping that Kaye would follow. It would be nice to have acquaintances so early on, though even better if they became friends.

As she came upon the girl though, she stopped and set the brake on her wheelchair so that it wouldn't pull her forward if they started taxiing or something. "Hello. Can I ask what book that is?" she inquired, trying to be friendly. One thing about being paralyzed was that it made it kind of hard to make friends. They always seemed to feel so awkward around her at first, though they sometimes warmed up to her later. "I'm Izzy by the way."

While she listened for a response, she undid the brakes on the wheels and turned around to face the front, sitting next to the girl as if her wheelchair was just another seat in the plane. Even in the back, it was incredibly fancy, though the boy hadn't seemed fazed by it at all. It was nice that they were so generous as to provide a private jet and everything to the campers, and that made Izzy smile a bit.